1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Texture issues on East Coast map (solved)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by adamgj38, Mar 5, 2021.

1. adamgj38

adamgj38
    Expand Collapse

I tried posting this on the BeamNG subreddit but my discussion/question posts don't show up in the feed and I can't get through to the mods to try and sort it out. If any of the subreddit's mods are reading this, my username over there is WolfyX18 and why are you acting like I don't exist?

Basically, the road textures and collisions (and some terrain collisions) have disappeared from East Coast USA, only the road markings remain but they're on the grass floor beneath the actual map. All other maps are fine except for a small patch of No Texture area on Small Island. I tried clearing cache, that did nothing. I tried deactivating the one mod I have pertaining to East Coast (I didn't think it would make any difference, and lo and behold it didn't). I tried verifying the game files through Steam- it turned up something that wouldn't verify (missing file? I have no idea but either way it didn't solve it).

Below are some pics showing what I mean, in case my explanation makes no sense. What could cause this, and how would I go about fixing it?

Attached Files:

• IMG_1068.jpg
    • IMG_1069.jpg
    • IMG_1070.jpg
    #1 adamgj38, Mar 5, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

Reinstall beamng.drive to reload all maps. (If you have mods, make a copy of them in another folder)

3. adamgj38

adamgj38
    Expand Collapse

That didn't help. Neither did messing with the resolution, or deactivating ALL mods (even though none of them would affect the map). It loaded fine in Safe Mode, though. Anything else I can do?

#3 adamgj38, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

clear cache, delete the cache folder, and delete the "C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\BeamNG.drive\levels"folder

5. adamgj38

adamgj38
    Expand Collapse

That worked perfectly, thank you!

6. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

That..does not reload the maps.
    Clearing the cache or trying safe mode does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.Ali.M

S.Ali.M
    Expand Collapse

In my opinion, reinstall involves delete the beamng.drive folder in the documents folder

8. adamgj38

adamgj38
    Expand Collapse

My understand is that it also puts that folder back, though. Getting rid of it cured the problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice