Solved Texture Issues

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by GDUB, Jul 20, 2017.

1. GDUB

GDUB
    Expand Collapse

Hi There,
    I wanted to make a 4 door car on the chassis of the moonhawk. I created a new folder for it in Docs/Beamng/unpacked/carname/vehicles/carname.
    First I just wanted to have the bare chassis and running gear, before I put on the bodywork and all it's paraphernalia. I wrote a C# application to parse the jbeam files and draw me the flexbody groups and the flexbody parent-child relationship via slots. Based on this for a start, I only needed the
    - moonhawk.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_frame.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_brakes.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_engine.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_exhaust.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_fueltank.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_suspension_R.jbeam,
    - moonhawk_suspension_F.jbeam
    I changed the names of the jbeam files and all the relevant flexbodies in the jbeam files
    then changed the object and mesh names for the same flexbodies in the .dae.
    I intentionally didn't change the materials, because I wanted to use the original materials.cs for the time being.
    The screenshot will testify that the running gear is loaded fine, but the textures are missing.
    I tried to move the moonhawk_engines_d.dds, moonhawk_engines_n.dds, moonhawk_engines_s.dds, to the carname/vehicles/carname folder and reference them in the materials.cs to the full path but to no avail. This is really disappointing because I had similar issues with other mods and just can't get my head round how the textures work.
    I've seen the tutorials and videos about editing the skins but I'm not interested in making skins for the original vehicles and I don't understand how to make the original .dds files fit my mod parts or even to just fit the standard parts, but in a different folder.
    Please help!

Attached Files:

• Capture.png
  2. GDUB

GDUB
    Expand Collapse

I do apologize! It turns out the .dae was pulled from the cached memory instead of the latest one I have saved. The textures are fine now!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Clearing cache is a real pain and something you have to do quite often when playing around with materials and textures. If I just want to clear the cache for one specific vehicle instead of the entire cache I just go into Documents/BeamNG.drive/cache.0.9.0.5/vehicles and then delete the vehicle folder in question. This is much quicker than deleting the entire cache as you don't have to worry about generating a new cache for all the maps and other vehicles. I think you still have to exit and restart the game though to do this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice