Thank You Guys!

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by HockeySnipe16, Aug 30, 2015.

1. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

So, I wanted to make this post in honor of all of you that helped me with my YouyTube channel and really got me on the right track. I would thank everyone individually but that might take all night. I just wanted to thank you guys for how much you have helped me and how much you guys have made my YouTube channel be actually decent. If you were not one of those who were there to help you could enjoy the 2 videos I put down below. You can see how much this forum and it's users have improved my videos.

Over the last month, I learned a LOT from you guys. You guys basically taught me how to make montages in general. Without your guys' criticism, I would still have TERRIBLE videos and I would probably have quit already.

Before this forum, my videos didn't even stand up to YouTube's standards. The resolution was terrible and they were bad quality videos. I literally got 20-25 fps on Garry's Mod...

Now for the comparison:

As you see in this video, my resolution was bad and there were horrible black bars on my screen. You guys pointed it out to me and (one of you in particular) helped me for a whole hour, maybe more trying to fix the problem. Eventually it was fixed and I was back on track. Stuff that is bad with this video:

1. Bad quality. Enough said

2. Resolution. Enough said

3. Most annoying music EVER!!!!

4. Not even worthy enough to be thrown in the trash...

5. FPS. Enough said xD

1 Month Later

Now time to look at my latest montage:

No need to even point out what is better because it is obvious. This is what you guys have helped me accomplish. Without the game and this forum, I would be stuck being bored playing Call Of Duty against easy bots. We all know that that's not fun xD

So, thank all of you who helped me and thank you to the devs for making such a wonderful game and an awesome forum. YouTube means a lot to me and I probably would have quit if it weren't for you guys :)

Thank you!

#1 HockeySnipe16, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Wow that second video was really good! I enjoyed watching it;)

3. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! It's all thanks to this great forum :)

4. xerodephex

xerodephex
    Expand Collapse

The second video had way worse music.

5. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Really? I liked the second videos music way more :p
    So did everyone else xD

6. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

The video part is much improved but I'm not really a fan of the music. Too light for this game I feel. I'd say something heavier like Dragged into Sunlight or Cryptopsy. Or if you are dead set on the electronic music then maybe some Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus or Mammane Sani et son Orgue. If you made it yourself I'd say try to create something a bit more intense and less technoey.

7. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Okay thanks! I will need more than just one or two songs though. I do agree that that was not the best music but I like electronic so I will stick to it. I personally go to either NoCopyrightSounds or FreeSongsToUse for my music. It will improve though. I am currently working on a montage with this song

It is much better IMO for this type of video.

8. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

I've never watched a BeamNG montage that featured music that I actually enjoy, but the music usually fits the montage well, so I'm not complaining.

9. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

this tbh fam

10. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, your a tough one to please lol. Thanks though :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with tbh. I'm a noob sooo...

As long as it doesn't mean something bad I'm fine though xD

11. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

tbh = to be honest...

Well, the quality of your videos are a lot better. Although I would say you should drop the intro, it's thought of as amateur and self-advertising. If you're worried about someone stealing your content you can always put a watermark in the corner.

12. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I didn't like the watermark. I don't like the intro either though so I will remove it in future videos. I will keep the intro to my LP's and stuff. I do those when I'm bored. Thank you for the feedback and telling me what TBH means xD

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Good to see a genuinely grateful thread like this.:cool:

Now, for the vid music, may I suggest:
    World Downfall.jpg

The finest death grind album the human race has ever devised would suit your videos well.;)

14. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

The problem with using electronic music in your montage is everyone has vastly different tastes, even more so than music in general, the electric genre is so open and expansive...

One person will say one song is awesome,

while another will completely hate it.

This may go with all music but it seems more common in this genre.

15. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I like my electronic music though. Even if one of two, or maybe even 100 people don't like it, I like it and to me, it suits my style of montage pretty well. I do agree with people that it is too bright but I am working hard to find better music.

I also don't like taking other peoples music because I fell like someone else is doing work for me and I like to do my own work. I hate it when someone tries to do stuff for me. For example, my friend asked me if he could make me a thumbnail for a video he was in but since he wouldn't have made it with the same kind of background and skill (not to brag but I'm pretty good with GIMP) that I have with GIMP, I said no. I like doing my own work. This does not imply that I want to make my own music either. It simply means I don't want other people giving me music when I have time to get my own.

16. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

You have certainly improved a lot and I see alittle insanegaz style in there, but you still kept it sort of unique.. good job!

One thing if someone at least someone would criticize my videos because I would LIKE to make more youtube videos but I don't know what to make / what to change because I feel like not many people are watching them, if I could get people to watch them I would know what to make etc... Im not begging for views or subs or likes or anything, just.. tell me what I should do.

#16 clayton8or, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  17. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'm not really one to tell people what to do but some tips for you would be:

1. Love what you do. If you don't love it, you can't do it. Even if no one watched your latest montage, don't give up and keep working extremely hard.

2. Upload consistently. I know its hard because you don't know what to do (in terms of video ideas. Don't take this offensively) but you just need to get something out there so people know your still around.

3. FOV. If you go under the debug menu and scroll down to the very bottom, there is an FOV thingy tab whatever. Set that anywhere from 10-45 and you will have some nice looking camera angles and stuff.

4. Be yourself. Just do what you do best. Don't let people tell you what to do. You have a unique style of montage because you follow the cars as they crash. It really makes you stand out.

5. F11. If you hit f11 and got to the top menu thingy, there is a box for camera speed. You can set that lower to make your camera smoother and better looking.

6. Shorter videos. IMO shorter montages are better than longer ones. Your mind kind of wanders when there is a 6, or even 7 minute montage. Try to keep it 5 and a half minutes or less. It gets kind of boring and then the viewer loses interest and clicks out of the video.

7. Last but not least, thumbnails. Custom thumbnails really grab the viewers attention and makes them click on your video vs. some other video.

I hope at least some of these tips help you out. I really can't think of anything else that could help you. I know some of them do no really apply to your videos but...

Anyways, thank you for the feedback :)

18. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

The thing with electronic music is there is literally something for everyone. It's one of the most vast and varying genres. You have the techno stuff, you have dubby wubby stuff (not my cup of tea at all), you have break beats (Amon Tobin), there's crazy stuff (Flying Lotus and Venetian Snares), there's calm soothing stuff like Bonobo. It has literally something for every kind of mood, something which a lot of genres do not have.

I'll admit part of the reason I am against the music you used in your videos is because I just don't like it, not that it's bad or anything I just don't find it enjoyable to listen to. Kinda boring to me, but if you like it and you feel that it works then by all means keep using it.

19. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you a lot actually. I am not a big fan of the music either. I made a mistake by using it IMO. The video matched well though and that is what really matters. I will improve the music in the next video though :)

20. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

i do like what i do...

quality over quantity, unless i change to commentary that would be much easier and i think i could be better than alot of commentators out there even though i have never done it...

i know that.

yep...

i know that too.

Unless they ACTUALLY like the video.

I dont really care about thumbnails, ill try that sometimes though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice