1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Thank you.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antimon, May 20, 2019.

1. Antimon

Antimon
    Expand Collapse

I just wanted to take the time to say: thank you.
    This community...the developers. I always find myself coming back to this game, and I am never disappointed. Not once have the developers changed the game in a way that ruined it, unlike some...other games on steam. As Crazy as this might sound, this game was with me through my late childhood and stood the test of time. I dont play many games from back then anymore. But this? Im amazed. I am very grateful for the game and its awesome modding community...never change.

• Like Like x 31
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Wow, thanks for the nice words, I'll share with the team. Thanks for being part of an awesome community as well! :)

• Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hightflyers

Hightflyers
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree. You guys at BeamNG amaze me, since I bought the game a lot of things changed but ONLY for better things. Now we got great car sounds, very realistic handling that makes the game as fun to race than to drive calmly, you managed to get rid of that chewing gum effect we got earlier on metal car parts, you made amazing beautiful maps that give us envy to travel in and explore.
    You just made a sick sandbox base game that is enjoyable in a realistic way as well at drifting, racing, exploring, climbing and crawling, rallying on gravels... (And that's clearly not the easiest work !)

That's a very very great job.
    That's not only a game with amazing crashes, but a full sandbox car simulator game.

There's not a lot of content in the game for now especialy on carreers mode, but you keep adding things that makes the game growing.

BeamNG surprised me in a very good way, because realistic handling and gameplay improoved a lot !

I can't wait for more, you guys are making a very great job keep going that way :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Since I joined this forum I never actually took the time myself to express something similar but I completely agree !

Congratulations, devs and thank you for keeping this ( game? ) sim what it's really worth !

NC

PS And thank you @Antimon for creating this thread :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I also feel like the developers deserve more credit, there a very very few games with devs as involved like BeamNG's. They have created an amazing game and they also listen to all our ideas and suggestion too. :D

Most developers completely ignore their communities entirely....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Indeed, when looking many AAA titles, you can't see much of any interaction, their games are quite simple with pretty graphics, I have seen even such DLC which enable features that can be usually part of base game, like cheat codes that you need to buy etc.

Here, developers give really a lot of work for small price in form of this game and yet are willing to offer their free time for community, you can't really find such anywhere else.

If we would calculate total number of hours put to this game and for communications with community, then compare that to how many hours some big AAA titles have in them, I would not be surprised if BeamNG has higher number.

An one thing, they do have private message boxes on forums and email which they do respond to, some big game studios are trying to make themselves super hard to make any contact to. Like snake oil dealers of 1800's, sure they did vanish really quick after selling their bottles. Here developers are responding to even at challenging times with incredible respect towards users, that one can only admire such.

I might have 150 games or something like that, but I don't really have time to play them because this one BeamNG.Drive takes so much time :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Antimon

Antimon
    Expand Collapse

The Problem with games these days is that theyre only supposed to last until the next game from the developer comes out. Making a Game series where Your games work well as standalone games and are replayable times and times again takes serious effort and resources (eg. Nintendo and their Super Mario franchise, main games) where as some developers just take a game, Polish its graphics a bit and Make tons of money for some reason. To me, sequels are supposed to be improvements, better engine, better graphics, new content etc., So Ideally a game should stand 5-10 Years on its own before it becomes outdated in the technology used to create it, which is then a valid reason to make a sequel. Sure, there are tons of exceptions to that, and this is just my opinion anyways.

Tl;dr:
    BeamNG gud
    BeamNG replayable
    BeamNG will last a while

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice