The best laptop tablet convertable

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by pillojon106, Feb 7, 2014.

1. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

I need help finding the best Laptop/tablet convertible. It needs to have an Intel core i5 or i3. My budget would be $500 to $800. My options are the Hp Revolve 810, the Toshiba Satellite U925T-S2120, and the dell xps 12. Im still looking for some more. I really need help with this.

2. nater1217

nater1217
    Expand Collapse

I got the Lenovo Yoga 13 about two months ago and I love it. I knew that i wanted an ultrabook going into it and the tablet conversion was just a plus. This is different than most in that when it is converted the keyboard is exposed on the back but as long as you're not grabbing the keys hard it should be fine. One other thing that I don't love is that the hinge has a little bit of play in it but honestly I barely notice it. It's a Core i5 with 4 GB of ram and a 128 GB SSD. The model out this year is $1,000 but if you find last years model which is what I have it should be less than $800.
    Also there is the Yoga 11 which is a smaller less powerful version of this. I don't know much about it but it's another option.

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

School tablet in my sig is very nice. Has a very very sucky touchpad though. I do like how it has one of the keyboard nipple things, and I like to use it.

4. Stormdrain

Stormdrain
    Expand Collapse

That sounds sexual

Also, id stay away from laptop tablets and give the market a couple years to settle, cause now prices are crazy high.

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

It may sound sexual, but it is the proper way to address it, in my book.

And yes, my parents said that I better take care of this tablet, because it was damn expensive. Lol, at the end of senior year, we get to buy off the tablet for only $1 since our tuition pays for the rest of it.

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

My school gave everyone MacBooks. Now that I have said that, you can probably narrow down like 5 different schools that I go to through a quick google search. They aren't really ours, they are kinda like textbooks. You get them at the beginning of the year, you return them at the end of the year, if you break it, you replace it. I lost my charger, so I own my school 50 bucks. That was like November. I wonder when they'll make me cough up the money.

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You can get a first generation surface pro for $500 on clearance. Otherwise the upper end of that budget is the lower end of where the prices start at for anything which doesnt use an intel atom.

8. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about the yoga but when you use it as a tablet, I would be holding the keys down and that would not be good for me. Is there any kind of cover for the keyboard?

9. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, but I'd be willing to bet the keyboard turns off in tablet mode.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It does but its slightly odd feeling having keys on the back of a tablet.

11. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

Is there a cover then?

12. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i hope they also give you admin access if you buy it off of them then, otherwise not much you really get to do

13. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

They would. I would not understand how my school would end up doing something that stupid.

14. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

Ya can someone please answer my question? Is there a cover for the yoga?

15. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

I doubt it, but I also doubt making one would be too difficult. Just a cut piece of plywood and some rubber bands should do it.

16. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

Lol really do they make one?

17. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

whoops
    redacted
    browser derped up
    EDIT@BELOW accidentally double posted

18. pillojon106

pillojon106
    Expand Collapse

What??????

19. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Someone at school figured out how to make an admin account on these things. If I ever get around to doing it, I'll definitely download Beamng. This has an i5, leaps and bounds better than my home computer.

20. nater1217

nater1217
    Expand Collapse

They do make a cover that works for that. Its supposed to be a slip thing for the laptop to slide into but yes you can use it to cover the keys. M suggestion is to go to a local electronics store like best buy and check out the options. If you're going to be using this you need to know how it feels in your hand.
    The keyboard and touchpad do turn off when in tablet mode as well.

Here is an amazon listing for the cover that I'm talking about.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-13-Inc..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Q7CQD1ZC2FTD9CN5DP8

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice