WIP Beta released THE HOONICORN (V2.1 Hotfix) RIP KB43VER

Discussion in 'Land' started by crashmaster, Mar 19, 2023.

1. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

After 5 long years since i initially started... I proudly and finally present to you....

screenshot_2023-03-19_02-40-21.png
    THE HOONICORN!!!!!!!!!! (V2 only for now)
    possibly v1 in the future.
    DOWNLOAD
    screenshot_2023-03-19_02-36-02.png screenshot_2023-03-19_02-35-16.png screenshot_2023-03-19_02-33-39.png
    A purpose build DRIFT car, show car, race car, MADE FOR BEATING THE HELL OUTA IT!!!
    screenshot_2023-03-19_02-39-17.png
    Go ahead, take it for a spin and see for yourself its raw capacities of ripping thru sets of tires like there is no tomorrow,
    screenshot_2023-03-18_23-17-42.png screenshot_2023-03-19_02-34-16.png
    with over 1400hp and an AWD system. and a bunch of variable parts for the pros out there wanting to fine tune some steering, springs, and some suspension stuff. with an in-depth spring variable made by kennywah you can fine tune springs like never seen before.
    this mod offers more then what ken block had planned for this car himself ;)
    screenshot_2023-03-16_05-35-42.png
    screenshot_2023-03-17_18-07-32.png
    also, this mod is PROOF that ANYONE can make ANYTHING, if you have la passion.
    it took me a very long time but im SOOO glad to finally release this awesome vehicle.
    screenshot_2023-03-19_02-20-37.png
    IT IS BY NO MEANS PERFECT!!!
    it shakes.... and the offroad configs are meh at best. but hey customization!
    also has my first attempts at skin making in this mod, im not satisfied with the police skin...
    screenshot_2023-03-19_02-30-08.png

If you want to mod stuff or add stuff i have no issues with it what so ever. have fun with this car.

but you DO NEED BOTH FILES... skins are big and i could not have them together as the forum file limit is 488mb i think? sorry about that.

KNOWN BUGS: list will be updated as time goes on. (V1 planned in a future update no eta)
    Front suspension wiggles when drifting/full throttle+full lock steering. front wheel wobble....
    this mod needs someone talented in fine tuning suspensions. this car will love your help as its quite bouncy right now.
    suspension is not perfect in the slightest, but i tried my best... at high speed (over 300km/h) it wants to sway a bit. i think its the rear suspension doing weird toe stuff at higher speeds. nearing 300 km/h the car becomes progresivally harder to keep straight. weirdly enough the dragster config goes up to 600 no problem. o_O
    front suspension likes to invert when hitting large bumps.
    there is some spiking, seems to be isolated with : rollcage,
    taillight glass breaking is repetitive and meh
    also, car does not have glowmaps. i have not yet figured those out...

I kept a testing turbo in there which adds optional tsutsu sounds, as i could not make up my mind about it.

the car chassis itself i feel is pretty stiff.
    its almost 500lbs overweight....
    hp is not 100% accurate either.
    its not 100% realistic.. not yet at least. not done working on it.

18 march 2023: Hoonicorn V2 Initial Release
    2 August 2023: Hoonicorn Hotfix V2.1
    Added Rapid Taxi Config+parts and skin thanks to @Shadows
    Rapid_Taxi.png
    Added variable tie rod strength and deformation to the variable steering
    Added 3 New police configs Thanks to @Shadows for the new skins!
    Bastion Themed
    Bastion_Police.png
    Interceptor
    Interceptor.png
    State Trooper
    State_Trooper.png

Changed min/max variable for center diff ratio
    Updated the Thumbnails

fixed inverted interceptor skin and also its wrong part name in part selector.
    fixed/adjusted steering, reduced spring which made it more stable and less prone to breaking.

Thanks to @Dr. Gread we have an improved titanium exhaust texture.

Thanks to @Shadows we have 4 new skins! 3 new police skins and a new taxi skin!

Credits:
    Beamng: Borrowed a few textures, as well as heavily inspired suspension jbeam from the scintilla. (also borrowed coilovers from scintilla, im bad at shocks)
    Blijo: pushrod suspension jbeam *I heavily modified blijo's ffe-motorsport pushrod suspension to fit my needs, with blijo's permission. thank you very much blijo for this jbeam/permission. at the time i was still learning and its been one of the biggest help that pushed me to keep working on this beast for so long. <3
    Forza: mustang body shell and turbo/top of engine and a few textures.
    KennyWah: Suspension Tweaks, Variable Tuning, Minor Cleanup and Coilovers/Setup, steering pump thingy. also helped me smooth out the gradient skin. thanks to him we have a very smooth gradient. mine was a bit rough :\ so im very glad he was able to fix it.
    Dummiesman: Helped me fix one pesky disableTriangleBreaking bug. thank you!

Me, Crashmaster: Reverse engineered hoonicorn cad, and jbeams to re-create it as accurate as i possibly could.
    Modelled tubular chassis, made gradient skin, redid the mess of mesh of forza.
    a lot of the jbeam is scratch made but it also started as a barstow, just like the real hoonicorn started as a mustang, and finished heavily modified.
    chassis jbeam is heavily modified but still contains a bit of the old jbeam form in the middle. so its not 100% accurate.
    that being said, i am no engineer, this has been a passion project for about, if not over, 5 YEARS!!!! (not constantly working on it for 5 years.. but you get the idea)
    i am just a modder with a big passion, i am no engineer and i have been learning pretty much everything as i do it. ive just been trying my best.

have a txt included for other texture source as well.
    over the past 5 years i may have forgotten or missed a few things. i am not trying to claim credit for any texture i didnt make so i apologize for anything i have potentially forgotten.
    i will try my best to include the source of the textures ive used outside of the already mentioned forza and beamng resources.

i have started working on this back in high school when ken blocks early gymkhana videos were released, and the hoonicorn really hit me personally... idk why this car. but i found it to be such a wonderful piece of engineering. i was really sad to see even forza lacked some nice chassis detail.

ive always heard ken block since ive been a kid. seen him on tv a few times but mostly with games when i was a kid. dirt 2 to be specific...
    i grew up with the sound of his voice as my co-driver, along with tanner, travis and dave in the X-Games.. i grew up watching their stuff..
    to say i knew the guy personally would be a lie, yet no celebrity's passing away ever hit me this hard in my life. ;-;

i always though i would be making his car for him, and that one day he would get to drive it in beamng and tell me... oh hey it feels loose or something. maybe i could get to meet the dude and get some feedback and hopefully properly 100% re-create the thing accurately. rip that ever happening....
    ken block... you inspired so many... you are a motorsport legend and you will forever live in our hearts. RIP KB 43VER!!

Thank you ken block, for being the amazing! and thank you for everything legendary you produced in the last decades.

him passing away just kicked me in the butt enough to keep working on it. life has been rough for everyone these past few years... and now my ultimate goal is still to properly re-create the hoonicorn as accurately as i possibly can, for the world to enjoy and remember ken block and his insane beast of a car.
    and i will forever live by these words from ken block...
    words to live by
    "just have fun, and dont be an a-hole" -ken block

Attached Files:

#1 crashmaster, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 61
  2. rumpled_fatty

rumpled_fatty
    Expand Collapse

RIP Ken Block. You will be deeply missed.

#2 rumpled_fatty, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 10
  3. bremer

bremer
    Expand Collapse

amazing work i am currently having someone model up alot of the hoonitruck and you inspired me to actually get back in it so thank you amazing work i litterally loved seeing the progress

• Like Like x 7
  4. Leo Zieger

Leo Zieger
    Expand Collapse

Using this car makes my frame rate drop considerably in cockpit view. Is it the high detail textures?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

ill write it officially here since i forgot to mention it in the main post...

I did add an INSANE 4k skin for the interior, chassis, and body, separately. so 3x 4k skins.... ignoring the main 8k gradient skin on the body.... and the rims has 2k textures.
    so it is highly possible it is heavy on frames.
    i know its taking quite a few seconds to load with skins so i dont doubt it can hurt performance...

try without any skins if it helps for now.

thanks for letting me know, one of the next things ill be focusing on is making lower res skins pack because i was afraid it was gonna hit the fps on some less powerful pc....

maybe just a 2nd version with lower res skins? since its already split up in separate files lol.

im not a pro with textures so if someone with more knowledge could drop in a give me a better understanding of what resolution would be optimal id really appreciate the tip. so far ive been going with what looks good hahaha. which is intensive...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. AzR_MaNiiAkixS

AzR_MaNiiAkixS
    Expand Collapse

Downloading it right now! I can't wait to drive it it looks insanely good!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mad_Makaron

Mad_Makaron
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the mod, legend...
    Thanks for the Gymkhana, legend...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SubaruPenguin

SubaruPenguin
    Expand Collapse

This looks amazing! I love it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. JustANormalDriver

JustANormalDriver
    Expand Collapse

"anytime, a legend rests in peace,
    the things he used, will be a masterpiece."

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. akemi

akemi
    Expand Collapse

i've seen this over the past few years, before i even bothered to an create account. it's truly impressive what you've made. I can tell the steering needs some work, but the visuals on this mod are honestly the best i've ever seen. the only part that looks a bit tacky i'll admit is the titanium wastegate dump - but i've never seen that achieved well in this game. but otherwise, the skin, and the mix of reflective and non-reflective details. just stunning.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Xela

Xela
    Expand Collapse

hey! your mod is very promising!! the model is highly detailed and really Pretty, but hell... the handling!! it's barely undrivable, the car is struggling to get straight after a turn and the countersteering is way too powerful!! otherwise it's really good work, hyped for an update!

• Like Like x 1
  12. titantls

titantls
    Expand Collapse

Man this thing is great. Wonderful Ken Block tribute, his death was a surprise to us all. Still doesn't seem real. Model is great and drives fairly well imo. Easy enough to drift around and do some hoonigan stuff with practice. Well done brother

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

KB43VER

WOW, this mod has what Ive wanted for so long. Pure chaos! The handling and wheel wobble needs some work - but still its very fun to drive as is. Cant wait to see youre next update on it. Also love the high res textures, please dont downscale them (unless you make a separate version) Great work so far, awesome job. Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. AzR_MaNiiAkixS

AzR_MaNiiAkixS
    Expand Collapse

Im in love!

BeamNGdrivex642023-03-1917-55-51.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Deleted member 509752

Deleted member 509752
    Expand Collapse

Beautiful quality mod and a tribute to Ken Block!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shadows

Shadows
    Expand Collapse

284160_20230319210300_1.png

Hehe

• Like Like x 5
  17. 23Terrabytes

23Terrabytes
    Expand Collapse

Commenting again to help blow this thread up. Just wanna say this mod is amazing and everyone needs to give it a download. I spent another hour or so playing around with this car after my last post and I had a blast the whole time. Probably made some of the biggest reverse entries and longest drifts I have with any custom config or car mod in my BeamNG history. I had to use the chain prop to do a few tethered burnouts as well. Also I appreciate the attention to detail in the engine bay and dash, the whole car model really.

Ken Block played a huge part in my love for all motorsports so it feels really good driving one of my favorite cars in my favorite game. Especially with how good this thing looks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. SubaruPenguin

SubaruPenguin
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2023-03-19_09-04-29.png

• Like Like x 5
  19. jungjeon2397

jungjeon2397
    Expand Collapse

its beautiful

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2023-03-19_11-27-06.png
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. The Fazbear King

The Fazbear King
    Expand Collapse

awesome

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice