The Movie Replica Thread (MRT)

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by AM-DB9, Sep 28, 2016.

1. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

Welcome everybody.
    The purpose of this thread is to try and match a movie scene of your choice as closely as possible in BeamNG.drive .

MRT has Seven Simple Rules:

1. Basics: videos and screenshots are allowed, as long as they're taken in game. Since BeamNG is about vehicles, at least one vehicle must be in your submission.
    2. Content: you must only use content readily available in game or through mods hosted on the official BeamNG.drive forum.
    3. Postwork: no postwork is allowed that adds or alters the content in the scene. You may remove unwanted objects, add effects such as motion blur, b/w etc. You may add text to both screenshots and videos. You may edit videos to add titles, subtitles, credits, transition effects, cut to length, etc.
    4. Final saying: you have the final saying on how closely you want to match the original (reinterpretation is fine, completely random stuff is not. You may try and make up a "fake deleted scene" as long as you can convincingly merge it with the movie storyline). You may decide to work on the vehicle and leave the setting blank. Using the Grid Map, or the Photo Room mod is recommended for this.
    5. Judgement: anybody visiting the thread has right to give suggestions, express their opinion, guess what the title is, etc., within the forum rules.
    6. Repetitions: people who submitted their work to this thread may or may not decide to reshoot their scene, based on feedback. Multiple submissions about the same subject are welcome, wether from one or more users.
    7. Requests: If you'd like to request some particular scene, please go on and do it. No guarantee somebody will actually shoot it though.
    8. Movie promotional material: recreation of promotional material for the movie is also allowed; Rule #3 (Postwork) does not apply in this case. So there are 8 rules, but you only have to follow 7 at any time.

With this out of the way, I present you the first submission to the MRT. You can guess the title, yes? Can I or you do better?

It turns out running from the truck is quite exciting, given the similar performance of the car. I can share the configs if you want.

2. AM-DB9

AM-DB9
    Expand Collapse

...aaand, as soon as I saw the oldfullsize, I knew what I needed to do:

main issues of this image:
    -The original license plate was Illinois, not Maine;
    -The police involved was not reaaly the Russian one, but the livery was the closest I could find;
    -The cop car is too modern, but given the livery restriction that was the closest option;
    -BeamNG still doesn't come with a Penguinville-like map (skyscrapers, elevated runway etc.), so the East Coast village had to do.

I like how it looks anyway :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice