WIP The Pit - An undeveloped hole in the ground

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by geobeck, Oct 18, 2021.

1. geobeck

geobeck
    Expand Collapse

I created this terrain map a while ago, then left it alone for a while. It's got potential to develop into something decent, but I don't have the hang of making highly developed maps yet. So I'm releasing the basic map as a work in progress, hoping that others can make something of it.

I didn't use the sat map from this preview, but it's got the best contrast to show the contours of the map:

pit_preview.jpg

With the challenges I've been having with terrain materials, I took some time with this one to get the terrain colors the way I wanted them. I started this map by re-saving the Industrial map, and did not like the yellow cast of the dirt terrains, so I dug around in the folder where I keep basically all ther terrain textures from every map I have. After some mixing and matching, I came up with a set of brown textures for various types of dirt, although for now, the map consists of 99% rocky dirt and 1% rock on cliff faces:

spawn_corner2L.png spawn_cornerL.png spawn_low_previewL.png spawn_low2_previewL.png spawn_molehillL.png spawn_overlookL.png spawn_slopeL.png spawn_undercliffL.png

The only texture I'm not happy with is the dry grass. It's too yellow, so I'll have to dull it down a bit so it doesn't clash with the rest of the color scheme.

spawn_flattopL.png

Here's the WIP level. I packed it in the standard mod zip format for a change, so you can put it in your mods folder. I've removed the objects and roads folders to reduce the upload size, but they were just the default Industrial folders.

If you develop this basic map into anything, please reply here, and credit me in your mod.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice