1. Intel iGPU (6xx series) crashes
    Fixed drivers available!
    Instructions here

Dismiss Notice

The possibility of the 1958 Plymouth Fury "Christine" being thrown around

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by MIKEF350, Apr 29, 2020.

1. MIKEF350

MIKEF350
    Expand Collapse

Any of you know the fantastic 1963 VW Beetle "Herbie" mod? This idea would be the very evil counterpart to the Love Bug. Christine would be designed similar to Herbie with repairable body panels and progressive mood swings with damage, but instead of becoming slower and broken like Herb would, Christine would be able to become more aggressive with power and torque as well as occasionally shaking under the very violent temper that she tends to have. I want to catch the attention of a few like-minded folks who wants another awesome mod to have in the game, and I personally think that Christine the 1958 Plymouth Fury would be another amazing project in addition to the line-up of mods that we currently have from every community member. This will be an amazing car to complement of the Love Bug mod since Christine would share similar characteristics with Herb. Hopefully this idea can slowly be worked out into a very early-W.I.P. mod in the future, and 53_herbie_53 has definitely inspired me to bring this idea to the BeamNG community. I will look forward to hear from any of you who may be interested into seeing this idea grow and/or help the development of the idea. Thanks and hope you all are doing well!!! :cool::)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Iluvherbie

Iluvherbie
    Expand Collapse

Hey bro, I am new to all this BeamNG mods and stuff but I really love the Herbie mod its one of the best mods and it's movie franchise is awesome and I would support you to make the Christine one! I have watched the movie It was awesome so go on make it

3. Grind86

Grind86
    Expand Collapse

My Take: That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. However, the only problem is that it would have a bunch of copyright issues.

4. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

Could be a forum release.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Grind86

Grind86
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it could be. My point was that it would be bad as a repo release, but I should've made that more clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

... and, like herbie, it could have stock configs as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Belvedere58

Belvedere58
    Expand Collapse

Is there anyone with the talent and time out there that could take this on?

Now that we have torsion bars, this could be made with a that suspension system on a modified Burnside frame (the rear rails would need an extension).

It could work!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Puzzle

Puzzle
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  9. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget the wheelbase (I think) would be needed to lengthened to a 118in and the rear strengthened. Anyway even if it wasn't Fury or Belvedere i'd still be salivating over a base model Savoy sedan with Sport Tone trim and a 301 Power Pak engine. My god I don't even know how hard my hear attack would be if I saw one of these on the forums, although I would prefer non-evil version to just enjoy cruising along. And using another model for the body would be easier and give time to work on other important parts of the car (like the 350 Golden Commando) that don't come with body, the frame and engines would need to be pretty worked over on to get it looking right whilst the suspension would need to be almost need if not completely custom. Overall even if this was a meshslop, if it was done well with good attention to detail then it would be just peach :)

One day maybe...

10. MIKEF350

MIKEF350
    Expand Collapse

Amen to that, because we would benefit from all flavors of 57 and 58 Plymouth cars like the Savoy up to Fury levels. Just need to assemble a team to get cracking on this idea lol

11. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

All we need is a model of sufficient quality and that's good base to work from, only problem is where to find one and finding some one proficient with actually making stuff :( And don't forget the price leading Plaza !

Edit:
    Nevermind about finding a model, as seen in the above posts that looks to be a model of good quality, with some minute changes to the details (namely the B pillars) and additional body options like the 4 hardtop/sedan and 2 door Club sedan and we're well on our way then

#11 combatwombat96, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice