WIP Beta released The Realistic Derby Project -New Free Version! 1.6

A realistic demolition derby mod built by a real life derby driver.

1. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

I answered this a few posts up

2. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Imo the stock vics need a little tweeking on the frame they all blow out at the boxs and go down no matter the bumper combo. Ive tryed the smallest tires on rear and tallest on front.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AdamS44

AdamS44
    Expand Collapse

Anybody else having trouble with the Grand Marshal it looks stock head lights taillights but has headers and steering is broke at beginning on game I have tried going into documents>vehicles >fullsize and deleting the PC's even deleted game and reinstalled game all the other cars are fine it's just the Grand Marshal anything I can do? Loved using that car

4. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to break down all the ways people have fixed this problem in this post because I get PMs and see questions on Facebook about it daily (I try not to post on there and give everyone my personal name but I will post this and hope you guys will spread it around when the question comes up again), I wish this wasn't happening to people but it's not on my end necessarily
    Please, redirect people to this post ESPECIALLY you facebook guys, there is nothing I can do about the grand marshal issue, the problem is with your old presets! Please don't be afraid to message me with issues, I try to help every single person, but for this issue refer to this post please

THE PROBLEM - You have custom presets saved from before the grand marshal patch 0.17.1 that are no longer compatible because the old Grand Marshal is unibody and the new one is fullframe, my GM's are still the old style and will stay that way (I will make use of the new frames in a new way in the future)

FIX #1 - Go into Documents > BeamNG.drive > Vehicles > DELETE the .pc files (example: RDP Limited Derby GM (1).pc),
    then when you load up the game, CLEAR CACHE
    THEN DELETE the folders in Documents > beamng.drive > cache.0.17.1.1 or some variation of the name, it has old backup files that are potentially causing the issue for you

IF that didn't work check the version of the game. If you are using the igpu fix for 0.17, this new patch does not work! You need to use the OLD grand marshals from before my patch with that version!
    IF that didn't work, check that you are using the latest version of my mod!
    IF that didn't work, verify integrity of the game by right clicking beamng in your steam library > properties > verify integrity

IF that STILL didn't work, double check that you don't have conflicting versions of the mod from the repository and also the mod folder, you only need one! Some people have downloaded old versions manually then never removed them!

Fix #2 IF that STILL didn't work and youre STILL reading this, build the car manually and save over the faulty presets. No, I don't use the garage to do this, I think it is harder to navigate and some parts don't show up in it for some reason. I recommend going into the parts menu in the game (Ctrl + W) and putting it together. Below is a picture of what one of my presets looks like. Once you have build the car, overwrite the existing presets by going to the save & load tab, click a name, and click Overwrite. Make sure you put limited frames on the limited weld presets, and stock on the stock presets. If you cannot make the parts like they appear in my picture attached, you have the wrong version of either the game or the mod.

If by some chance your game is STILL broken, PLEASE PM ME and I will do everything I can to help you and will update this post to include the fix!

If you can't find all the parts, lots of them are specific only to my derby frame/bodies, you need to put those on first under the "frame" slot, if you cant find my frames under there then you have the wrong version of my mod. If my derby frames are under "Body" then you have the prepatch version. This won't work. If you have all these parts, but your presets are all funky, then refer back to the top, your issue is with presets

Thank you to everyone playing my mod! I'm glad so many people like it and I'm sad when theres issues like this affecting so many people!

While I'm at it, let's address some FAQs
    Q: Why are my parts invisible/white
    A: Clear cache (really any time you have an issue, clear cache)

Q: Will you do compacts/pickups
    A: I would like to do pickups eventually but at the moment it's not on the table, my priority lies in adding a variety of fullsize cars. I don't have any plans right now to do compacts, there are a ton of them and it would be a 2 year commitment probably

Q: Will you add x car that isn't in the game
    A: Unless it's a fullsize car that's already on my list, no. Making new cars takes me months of unpaid work, I'm glad you wish your derby car could be in the game but unless you're willing to pay me, I will not, especially with compact cars because there are already so many of them to do if i were to change my mind about compacts, it makes no sense for me to make a brand new compact.

Q: Is the 74 Cadillac bugged?
    A: It is a (very early) WIP that I forgot to take out of the update patch

Q: Why does the wagon lose oil
    A: Node instability, will fix next update

Q: Will you add x part?
    A: If it's a commonly used part in the derby world, probably. I have lots of new parts coming in the next patch and am planning a full weld/engine protector/kicker update after the bluebuck potentially

Q: Can you add more tracks?
    A: Yes, I've started some but I got sidetracked by new cars

Q: Can you fix the AI in Fairgrounds?
    A: this is not my mod, we just work together to bring the best derby simulation. Updates to the AI in game often affect Fairgrounds negatively and takes a lot of time to constantly fix, so please be patient with him cause he does awesome work that gets taken for granted!

Q: How can I make my own skins
    A: unfortunately I haven’t mapped out all the derby bodies to be able to have skins put on them and I haven’t learned how to yet, I know this is something a lot of people want

Q: How can I make my own derby mod
    A: start studying. It took me about half a year and a couple failed attempts to get this going and am still learning but I help anyone I can, it’s not a simple answer though

Q: Why do the tires get stuck so much?
    A: This is something I'm trying to improve but I'm not sure if it will ever completely be fixed unless beamng improves it on their end

Q: Whats new in the patch?
    A: I try to list every notable change in the patch notes on the forums

Q: Why do streaks come out of the grand marshal
    A: meshes from the update that i havent made compatible yet. There is one seat that doesnt work and one that does I think

Attached Files:

• gmpartlist.png
    #104 NoDakSmack, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. morris40

morris40
    Expand Collapse

With the new update will you be doing something about the body and frames splitting apart in the limited weld class and can you point me in the right way for info on adding work thats already been done to vehicles into the game? Like trucks? I can mod in 3dmax and blender just can't figure out how to get them into the game

6. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

For which car? I'll PM you about the rest

7. AdamS44

AdamS44
    Expand Collapse

I have tried everything you posted and still not working I even tried to manually customize it and save it but I don't have all the options in the parts selection im clueless it sucks because I really liked that car never had a issue until last update sorry to keep bothering you with it any other suggestions?

8. monster

monster
    Expand Collapse

Make sure you delete the beamng copy under :c

there is a popup at the bottom of the game "menu", where you clear your catch that mentions this. Then delete any old caches and backups. clear cache and go again and see if it works.

after patch .17 a lot of mods became pretty screwy.

also make sure to go through all of your folders you can and check for presets.

I feel your pain on this, i can't get the moonhawk to work with the fairgrounds for some reason, but works fine everywhere else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

In the parts menu, under "Frame" what options do you have? You should have an option for just "frame" if you have the up-to-date version of the game. If you don't have that, your games outdated. I think it used to be called "Frame and body" instead of just "frame"
    If you have ONLY the "frame" part in that menu and not my "Limited Weld Tilted Frame" etc., then you dont have the updated version of the mod, and if you know for a fact that you did update, then you must have conflicting versions somewhere.

You won't have all these parts unless you have my derby frames equipped, a lot of those parts are specific only to my derby frame/body because they arent compatible with the stock parts. So Start looking there.

Send me a picture of the dropdown menu of the frame if youre still stuck. Dont use the garage, some parts (espeically rear tires??) seem to not show up in the garage

#109 NoDakSmack, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  10. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

So whatcha been working on recently.

11. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

bluebuck is getting pretty close, mostly just cleanup stuff and more bumpers left. Then I have some misc. stuff to finish on the older cars like getting all the new headers on all of them, and adding new rims and derby tires that I'm HOPING will get stuck less

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2019-09-23_21-24-04.png
    • Like Like x 5
  12. monster

monster
    Expand Collapse

yes please! lol, won't blame you if the tires do continue to stick, that's in the games code(like cars sticking to the concrete k rails). Bluebuck is looking good. I've been meaning to ask, can you update the brakes on the GM? I've tried the best setup i can think of, and it just doesn't want to stop for me

Hopefully once you release this, the fairgrounds gets updated!

#112 monster, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  13. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Awesome hopefully the new tires wont lag the game as much as the banger and derby mod ones. Also with there be 23s? Thatd be bitchin if there was

14. Nicelittle

Nicelittle
    Expand Collapse

Try adding the edge split modifier on it. Will make it look more like a vanilla part :)

15. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

So far I've just used the models for the tires in games and adjusted the jbeam to make them stronger and less sticky. I'll probably get into modeling them in the future, but I like doing these because once I do it, it works on all the cars, unlike most parts that I have to do individually for every car. Here's a update shot though

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2019-09-26_00-12-07.png
    • Like Like x 5
  16. morris40

morris40
    Expand Collapse

Those wheels are awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  17. kfrench

kfrench
    Expand Collapse

How long until you think its gunna be ready? I really want to get my hands on that.LOL

18. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

Let’s shoot for.... 10 days max

19. kfrench

kfrench
    Expand Collapse

Any possible way you could post a unfinished version? I'll pay you if i have to!

20. OutIaw

OutIaw
    Expand Collapse

locked and loaded

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2019-09-27_05-47-18.png
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice