WIP Beta released The Realistic Derby Project -New Free Version! 1.6

A realistic demolition derby mod built by a real life derby driver.

1. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Something needs done about that barstow that things a joke lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. kfrench

kfrench
    Expand Collapse

I am the person you sent the not finished new update. I have a few things to tell you id like to see implemented. I think the bluebuck is a model of a chrysler imperial. I truly believe you should make the car as a whole, more solid. Even more solid than the fullsize. Also the radiator breaks extremely fast even with a reinforced support. Just what i think. Over all, awesome update.

3. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Ive been saying for a few weeks now to make an imp variation of the bluebuck lol subframe that is.

4. monster

monster
    Expand Collapse

If you need testers, i have a crapload of hours lol.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the feedback. I see the front of it as more of a 60s ford. It’s already the hardest car in the game, and I don’t want to add a car that is head and shoulders above the others in strength unless I add actual imps like how I added the roundback, and even then I’d have bidwars add an option to outlaw them

6. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

So the blue buck is harder than the wagon and moonhawk? Wow

7. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I am far from an expert here, but the Bluebuck as ships in the game is a generic X-frame, so it's very tough from some angles and very weak from other angles (and the entire side). Compare that to the Imperial which had siderails and was all around indestructible. As for length, the Imperial was 129" wheelbase, compared to 119" for the Galaxie and Impala and 122" for the 880, which is where I assume the Bluebuck is approximately.

TLDR: Bluebuck is not an Imperial

8. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

It's not an x frame in my mod anymore :) it's been converted to full frame for the sake of a good time. I think people get the Imperial idea from its body design, the rear trunk panel looks a lot like a box imperial and the back pillars are reminiscent of full frame imperials to me. If I were to make an imperial, I would use this car as a base, but it would still take a lot of changes.

Similar in strength, but I think so. Moonhawk and other cars will be getting frame adjustments in the update after this one, along with full weld frames and setups

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. kfrench

kfrench
    Expand Collapse

Ok, fair enough. I didnt even bother comparing the frame i was just going off the body. But also the radiator problem still arises, also there is no gas tank relocation either. But other than those flaws its awesome.

10. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

yes it is an unfinished update after all ;)

11. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

NoDakSmack updated The Realistic Derby Project - Demolition Derby Mod with a new update entry:

Bluebuck & Tire Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Like Like x 2
  12. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Anyone else notice on the fair grounds that you cant pick a car from the side menu anymore?
    --- Post updated ---
    Anyone else notice on the fair grounds that you cant pick a car from the side menu anymore?

13. kfrench

kfrench
    Expand Collapse

14. Crash77

Crash77
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, those devs are still active.

15. kfrench

kfrench
    Expand Collapse

Ok, well people can use that until they update.

16. VolticDragon

VolticDragon
    Expand Collapse

Something weird happened, in that the Bluebuck actually did show up in my scenario whenever it randomized. I dont think it was selectable on the list but when the scenario started one of the AI and I had Bluebucks.

EDIT: The Bluebucks are showing up as selectable vehicles, I guess that the scenario just pulls from whatever is in the pack/zip.

#136 VolticDragon, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  17. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Little pro tip on making the bluebuck as hard as possible up front. The frame design reminds me of a 75-6 Cadillac so try and make the car as level as possible and put the pointy on it. I can drive a whole heat front wards and wont be bent at the end.

• Like Like x 1
  18. daylan

daylan
    Expand Collapse

Something the bluebuck def needs though is either down tubes to the frame or better body bolts in the middle of the car. The frame seperates from the body really really bad

19. NoDakSmack

NoDakSmack
    Expand Collapse

it doesn't really, its just because I modeled the frame too low. I meant to fix it before the update but forgot

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jeffrey G Roth

Jeffrey G Roth
    Expand Collapse

still think 4 in a rows and window nets are good options just to stay true to the MN guys LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice