The story of my Logtiech

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Cwazywazy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Five years ago I got this little wireless Logitech. I have used it ever since. I always have wanted a better mouse but whenever I had enough money for a good one there was always something more important that needed money spent on. So I kept using it. Two days ago I had this weird screen glitch (I've been messing around with overclocks on my new card) so I restarted my computer. It didn't boot up. So I took out my new GPU and everything but screen and keyboard/mouse. Still didn't work. I did the refresh thing (Windows 8) and it said that it would uninstall a few apps. Well, with some blind luck I did get back into Windows but "A few apps" apparently meant EVERYTHING that wasn't made by Microsoft or from the MS App store. And there wasn't that much space freed up on the HDD so I knew it was pretty pointless to keep using this. So I shut it down and stuck in my Windows 8 disk. Didn't load. Tried a different one. Still didn't. Tried a windows XP disk. Got stuck. Flash drive. Same thing. So after 9 HOURS of trying to fix my computer it finally booted the windows 8 on my thumbdrive and I installed it from there. The reason it booted was I was playing a game on my laptop so I unplugged my mouse and plugged it into my laptop. I then began the tedious process of installing everything again. (I back barely anything up) This morning I go to turn on my computer. Same thing. I unplug everything but the screen this time. It boots. remembering that I unplugged my mouse before the flash drive booted I then plugged everything but the mouse back in and it worked. I was so fucking angry that I lost everything because of this little Logitech.

2. daveywaveyHD

daveywaveyHD
    Expand Collapse

oh.... how unfortunate. Why did i read all of that :(

3. ZeDDiE

ZeDDiE
    Expand Collapse

As I use to say to all who thinks Logitech is good.
    Logitech is a piece of shit company who only copys other products and companys.

I had a Logitech mouse and keyboard before I got my razer set.
    They keyboard's buttons were kind of bad. Didn't feel good when you pressed them, deley, etc.
    The mouse was ok. Didn't find anything bad with it, nor anything good.

Before the summer started, my Illuminated Logitech keyboard stopped lighting up. And for some reason, my headset didn't work in the normal plugs. So I had to plug them into the keyboards plugs.
    And when it wasn't lit up, the sound wasn't working. I swear, some days I tried to fix it, for like 4 hours.
    After a while, when talking to their customer support, and they said it awsn't fixable, I decided to get a razer gear.

Turns out, the headset started working again as I didn't have the Logitech keyboard plugged in.

I don't know what they are thinking, but holy hell, they should be sued for taking lifetime from people who tried to fix this problem.

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I don't usually have problems with Logitech products.. My MK350 keyboard was okay but I upgraded to an Apple keyboard I got for a buck. I'm still using this mouse but I'm going to Best Buy later to hopefully buy a new one. My dad has a G500 mouse which I really like.

5. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

Never trust your hardware to persist anything important. Always keep redundant copies. Too many people learn the hard way ...

I have a logitech keyboard and mouse, and have had no issues. Although, on Ubuntu at work, a similar logitech mouse has insanely high sensitivity, even with it turned all the way down in the OS settings. Then again, it's probably too much to ask Linux to do things seamlessly. ;)

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Heh, I've been learning the hard way since when I used Windows 2000. It would be nice to have an extra 500GB HDD to ghost my drive every once in a while but I only back up the things that I wouldn't be able to download again.

7. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for your lost Time, Nervous and Data... such things can be more than exhausting.
    But i wanted to say thanks for sharing this, because even if i use logitech mouse/keyboard myself and never had problems it might save me lots of Time and Energy one Day.
    You never know. :rolleyes:

8. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

I got a 500GB external for $30 (clearance) a couple of years ago. Cloud services are great, and if you don't have a ton of stuff to back up, then a free Dropbox, Box, etc. is enough to keep your non-replaceable stuff alive. Catch them during the right promotions, and you can get a lot of free space ...

You can't really back up programs and expect them to work without running an installer, though there are exceptions. I keep a few choice installers backed up, so I have less to wait for to download when I flush my system.

9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I know. I use dropbox but I guess I don't have much I think is really worth backing up.

10. rider450

rider450
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

and when i tell my story
    people say its useless
    logic

11. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

At least he has proper grammar and his post makes sense. Whenever you make a thread everybody's brain dies trying to understand what you are saying.

12. rider450

rider450
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

warm welcoming

13. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Do you know how to make a complete sentence? Do you even know English?

14. rider450

rider450
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Apparently I know it since i can make this sentence.
    ^
    is that the grammar you've been cyberbullying like mad for

15. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

...and that's why he was banned...twice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice