Solved There is no forest object

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by fufsgfen, Aug 24, 2021.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

So I did delete forest object from template map, after that I have build quite bit of map and now I would like to add forest object back, but that is not successful as I can't find way to add object "forest" to map.

I get green information line saying there is no forest object
    Yellow warning line there are no forest brushes

I cannot create new brushes as button does nothing and I can't find any way to add new forest.

With old editor I got message saying there is no forest, would you like to create one with older project, but with new one I can't find way to add forest.

Also I did manage to solve forest brushes by copying forestbrush4 json object from Utah map, older forestbrushes without number 4 are no longer working?

I have also created all the forest folders and files following example of Utah, but my exported forest objects are not showing up and not much in terms of error messages appear either.

Also my exported forest object list is using different keywords, type is before pos and instead of rotation it seem to use quat, I think I did use fairly recent forestexporter from github, but I need to check again, there is lot to learn and little understanding regarding this.

Anyway my main issue is probably forest level object missing and no idea how to get it back by using editor or by editing files, I can probably work out other issues if I would get unstuck from forest object issue.

2. Mopman93

Mopman93
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Yes, having a dialog in the forest editor asking if you want to create a forest object makes sense, we will work on that.

In the meantime, you can add a forest object by Clicking on "Create Object" in the toolbar, then on "Other Classes" and then search for "Forest" and click on "Create"

• Like Like x 1
  3. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

upload_2021-8-25_15-50-25.png

1. Go to the toolbar, press create button
    2. Choose Other classes 4th button in create toolbar
    3. Choose Forest class to create
    4. Make sure you are in a group in scene tree, select a group name
    5. Press Create button to create the Forest class
    6. Name it theForest in the inspector, for convenience
    7. Reload lua Ctrl+L (this will initialize forest editor with the new forest object)
    8. Try to paint forest items

We will change this, so when one tries to use any forest tools, will check if there is a forest object, if not it will automatically create one in the main mission group.

#3 nekitu, Aug 25, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nekitu

nekitu
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Our solution right now, is when you try to use the Forest editor, if it doesnt find a Forest object, will ask to create one. Additionally there is a new button on the toolbar to create a forest object, appears only there is none.
    upload_2021-8-26_13-20-49.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys, your support is amazing! :D

With newly created forest object I could create new forest brush that indeed now works!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice