Think BeamNG should include a spiritual remake of stuntman?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Hati, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Not sure how else to phrase it. I just played the port escape scenario and the going to checkpoints around a port had me vaguely reminded of stuntman. These physics would make for a fantastic game in the spirit of stuntman. but it would also be a good first use for the physics engine while computer hardware can't handle more than a few cars at one time. As soon as we see physics sleep implemented you could have rather tightly choreographed checkpoint races requiring extremely death defying stunts like in Stuntman.

Good fit, or not? :p

#1 Hati, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. jimmeh2000

jimmeh2000
    Expand Collapse

sound like a fun idea, it would be cool if there was an air cannon prop to flip cars:eek:

3. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The scenarios in BeamNG kind of remind me a lot of Stuntman, if we had a replay function then it's 100% possible to recreate those scenes.

I was working as an outsource 3D Artist back then for THQ, did some of the 3D models for Stuntman: Ignition

stuntman-ignition-20070627045641793.jpg stuntman-ignition-20070627045657589.jpg stuntman-ignition-20070809034344887.jpg

muscle11.jpg newhero54.jpg newhero59.jpg

4. Vailos Quiet

Vailos Quiet
    Expand Collapse

i can see it as a campains thing , i thing it would be cool

5. JonasNL

JonasNL
    Expand Collapse

This is a great idea actually. I absolutely loved Stuntman. First game I bought to the good old PS2.

6. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

i hate playstations and yet i have 6...

4 ps1
    2 ps2
    xbox 360
    xbox one
    pc
    add me on xbox

RAIN80W UNIC0RN

7. Jester The Joker

Jester The Joker
    Expand Collapse

anything to get a willys jeep in beam!

8. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

xD Omg, I actually thought of this game as I was drifting the Grand Marshal on Port map, it kinda feels like the port map in Stuntman. Fuck, I liked the shit out of that game! The music is spot on, the gameplay is brilliant!

I actually wouldn't mind if they did something like this, in the authentic way done in Stuntman. E.g. like side-missions.

9. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I'm not normally one to hype things up, and prefer to release content with little to no warning. But I felt that I should mention that this thread has inspired me to dust off an old project concept of mine...

goldenArches.png

OT: I do like the idea of a stunt-oriented career adjacent to the standard one. In a previous thread, I suggested creating a category entirely for stunt challenges. As it stands, we already have something like that in the form of the many jump and hard parking scenarios as well as the port escape scenario. I'm personally hoping for a skiing one in the near future, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice