Third Championship

Discussion in 'BeamNG Rally Championship' started by SouthernPotato, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

This is our third championship. Please completely read the rules as several things are different than last time.

Anyone may participate. There are 20 scoring positions.

Car:
    Thanks to Spec Racer Z and MattKowalski, we have premade configs for the following cars:
    I-Series
    Grand Marshall
    Covet
    Classic Pessima
    Sunburst
    SBR4*
    LeGran*
    * the front suspensions of these cars are prone to breaking on some of the bumpier stages. If you want to choose these cars, consider trying them on stages 1, 2, and 4 to see if you are ok with the weaker front suspension.

You must use one car for the whole championship. If you decide to post several submissions to the first stage, please make it clear which car you intend to use for the remainder of the championship.

You are allowed to tune the premade configurations (with the exception of fuel load, which must be left at full until further notice), but you must use the premade configurations as they have been balanced to perform at a similar pace. Custom liveries are allowed, but other part swaps are not allowed (exception: if you are using keyboard, you are allowed to turn ABS on).

The configs are part of the BRC3files.zip attatchment, explained below.

Events:
    There will be 4 events over 4 weeks. To get a competitive score, you only need to participate in 3 events (see scoring). The events are played as quickraces.
    1. BRC 3 Port Rally Reversed (Jungle Rock Island). Ends: June 5
    2. BRC 3 Mixed Rally Circuit (East Coast), 3 laps. Ends: June 12
    3. Mountain Race (Jungle Rock Island). Ends: June 19
    4. BRC 3 Small Island Rally 2 (Small Island). Ends: June 26
    Events 1, 2, and 4 are included in the BRCfiles.zip attachment, explained below. Events 1 and 4 are based on quickraces that are already in BeamNG drive, but they have been modified slightly. Please do not compete on the BeamNG official version, you won't be able to get points in the championship if you do.

Scoring:
    There are 20 scoring positions. From last to first, the scoring is as follows: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 50
    You will get a score for each event you participate in and scores are totaled to determine ranking. 1 event will be dropped, meaning if you participate in all 4 events your lowest score will not be included in your total.

Participation:
    To participate, play these events as a quickrace and upload a video of your best run by the posted date for the event. If recording while playing prevents affects your performance, you can instead post a screenshot of the completion screen along with a replay of the event. To record a replay of your run, press Alt+R at before starting the event and then press Alt+R once you have finished the event. You can either record this replay as a video or post the replay file. Even if the replay is broken, post it anyway. If you need help recording replays, a tutorial can be made.
    You are allowed to run the course as many times as you want, and are allowed to post multiple runs. The best valid run that you post will be used to determine your placement. In you post, please include your video (or screenshot + replay) and whether you used a keyboard, controller, or steering wheel.

Events end on the posted date at 22 UTC. Charts showing placement will be posted when the events end. Once the placement chart for an event has been posted, no more submissions for that event will be allowed.

Stages and Cars attachment:
    The premade car configurations and stages 1, 2, and 4 are added to the game through the BRC3file.zip file attached to this post. Simply download it and place it in your mods folder (usually found in C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\BeamNG.drive\mods).

If you have any questions, please ask in the discord. Good luck!

If you can't post in the group or download the zip file, try leaving and rejoining the group. If that doesn't work, please message me and let me know.

Updated files June 1, saving in-game replays should work now for all stages.

View the standings on Google Sheets

Attached Files:

#1 SouthernPotato, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

Am I allowed to put a custom livery on my vehicle but nothing else?

3. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

Yes, no engine swaps or turbo additions or anything like that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

Okay. Recording my time...
    Edit: didn't use abs but don't have time to record another run right now.

#4 SimplyGaming, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. MattKowalski

MattKowalski
    Expand Collapse

Great! Thank you again for putting this together, it seems like a fairly challenging mix of stages. Can't wait to try them out properly.
    Just one thing: is ABS allowed?

6. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

The configs do not have ABS, and you can't modify them.

7. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

A mistake on my part, you are allowed to add ABS if you're using keyboard. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lamzumi

Lamzumi
    Expand Collapse

1:49.102 - I used the old Pessima (with my own custom livery). Played w/ Xbox One controller.

• Like Like x 2
  9. -randy-

-randy-
    Expand Collapse

Great it all started again :) Well I think I will give that german masterpiece of engineering a try - ETK I-Series! I managed (with countless tries and a lot of rage :) ) to do a decent run at the first stage.
    I-Series, wheel, shifter --> 1:33.185 min

• Like Like x 3
  10. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

I will record my run w/ abs on June 4/5, in Washington DC right now(far away from my computer lol)

11. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

I will record saturday

12. MLG_Clem

MLG_Clem
    Expand Collapse

I used the old Pessima with a different liverty.Played with a keyboard(no abs,no tc,manual shifting) ;)
    got it for 1.36.305 min

• Like Like x 1
  13. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

If you intend to record in-game replays, I had issues with them focusing on hay bales in the first stage so I've removed the hey bales and re-uploaded the files. If you don't want to save replays then there's no concern, but if you do, please delete the old BRC3file and download the new one

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lamzumi

Lamzumi
    Expand Collapse

Decided to redo my submission, seeing how far I were trailing behind and realising my mistakes, I gave it another go. Kept the old Pessima w/ my custom skin and XONE controller.
    I still don't have enough driving skill (especially with the bad framerate I get) to pass the other two competitors, but I somewhat have improved my time to "keep up with the pack". Even with countless retries because of broken wheels and flipped cars, I still got through in the end.

Here's take two:

15. -randy-

-randy-
    Expand Collapse

Wait, what? How blind have I been (or focused :-D) I didn't notice any hay bales at all in stage 1.

@Lamzumi: try not to race at night as that is a killer for fps.

16. SouthernPotato

SouthernPotato
    Expand Collapse

I didn't notice them either, they're placed at the very edge of the road on either side of where you start, maybe as a visual indicator of the finish line when the course is running forward.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Lamzumi

Lamzumi
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the suggestion! Though for some reason it felt like I were getting more FPS in the dark. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me though lol.

18. Evan_1

Evan_1
    Expand Collapse

can you use automatic transmission?

because so far I've only used auto

19. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

My attempt at the first stage.

BRC Spec Rally Sunburst (Manual w/ XBox One Controller) @ 01:36:153

Very tough terrain, damn the cars bounce hard. Lots of opportunities to really risk it all.

I am happy to see the large selection of cars. :) I really wanted to use the Grand Marshall but it is too tough to even finish the race with it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Raider

Raider
    Expand Collapse

this is my attempt, with 2 perspectives, this is stock BRC sunburst with little tuning changes. I saw that stage 3 is full asphalt, is legal to change tires to slick? And tuning can be diffrent at every stage, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice