1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

This is annoying..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AzureSaturn, Dec 21, 2020.

1. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so I had this problem for days and it's actually starting to annoy me. My default vehicle is the Cherrier Tograc. Whenever I load up a map, the game acts normal, right? Well, here's the part where it gets annoying. Everytime I try to load up a different vehicle, it's invisible. No doors, no interior, just straight up invisibility, the brake lights do not show up either, but IDK if it even was the case. Now, here's where it annoys me a lot. Everytime I try to revert to my default vehicle with the "Load Default" button, it would be stuck on loading for 15-20 seconds (sometimes 5 or 10 seconds), then the game would crash and give me a error with the Error Code: 0x00000001 (or something like that idk). It really annoys me. I am just wondering, is this a bug the devs need to fix, or could it be my GPUs drivers. For those curious, I am running on an i5-9400F, a GTX 1660 Ti, and 12 GB of RAM. IDK if it's my GPUs drivers but I have to possibly double check. Is there a fix to this? If it helps me out, I will let you all know. Thanks in advance!

A person who has been playing BeamNG.drive since 2018.
    --- Post updated ---
    By the way, if you also had a problem like this, feel free to discuss it here.

2. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious as you may have already tried it... but did you try disabling your mods first? Could be something quirky with them that is causing this to happen.

3. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

I'd have to double check, because before this began happening, none of the mods I had installed were causing this problem. I might double check them, along with my GPU drivers.

4. FaceyDuck

FaceyDuck
    Expand Collapse

Ok verify the integrity of your game files in steam and see if something was not installed correctly.

5. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Hi, do you experience this issue in Safe Mode?

6. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

I haven't tried it in safe mode yet, I'm gonna do that rn.
    UPDATE: It did not happen in safe mode.

#6 AzureSaturn, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  7. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

Then it's a broken mod.

8. Fluffy Panda

Fluffy Panda
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

One of your mods is broken. I would like to suggest renaming your UserFolder (by default it's in Documents). If the issue doesn't persist, you can move your mods back one by one and you'll be able to check which one is broken

9. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

Ok so a quick update, I uninstalled some mods and maps, including the one map that was temporarily broken. However, I loaded a map after that and somehow the game crashed. It's getting really annoying.

10. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Just do what Fluffy Panda instructed you to try :)

11. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

Another update, I have so far deleted 80+ MODS, thinking that some of them might be outdated. However, I want you all to know that it was the new 0.21 update that started all of this. Not trying to put the blame on the BeamNG dev team.

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Bruh it can't be the game's fault, they literally checked that it's one of your mods, you still have it so just delete all of the mods

13. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

Just because I said that, I did not want to put the blame on the game or the dev team, it works in safe mode, but I need all of my mods. If you want to be mad, then stay mad.

14. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

how many mods do you have?

15. SoleTomcat

SoleTomcat
    Expand Collapse

The game functioning properly is more important than whatever meshslap is breaking it. Just delete your mods ffs
    You can always re-download them later

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I mean, it's probably just one mod, and it isn't too hard to figure out which...

17. carsmin

carsmin
    Expand Collapse

yeah unless he has like 500 mods

18. AzureSaturn

AzureSaturn
    Expand Collapse

I used to have about 170+, now I have 69 mods because I uninstalled some.

19. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's not too many, just delete one by one until it's fixed

20. Alieu

Alieu
    Expand Collapse

Hey!
    Been lurking, just wanted to post a bit of support and advice, then I should be leaving again.
    Coming from someone that used to have 200+ prior to 0.21, I can bet you that if you kept mods from 0.20, then more than 1 mod is breaking stuff. It’s an extremely large amount. Move all your mods out, and then move them back 1 by 1, any that messes stuff up should be moved out again. Once you are done sorting the bad apples, delete them or keep tabs on updates depending on their importance to you. Basically what Fluffy Panda said. Another thing to check is if you need to perform a clean install or not. Move your mods out, and keep them in a folder. This is different to safe mode, as you are now playing on your regular profile. If you go in and the issue still persists with no mods, perform a clean install. There are many tutorials on that, so just seek those for assistance on performing a clean install. (Note: It is NOT as simple as performing a regular delete and install.) I truly hope this proves some form of assistance. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice