Thousands of items on Steam account?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by fufsgfen, Jul 5, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have been puzzled about something.

Recently I did saw one review of the game, what did catch my eye was that reviewer had over 4000 items on his Steam account.

Now even with average price of 2$ that would be over 8000$ also I wonder if there really is so many games that are actually playable, certainly hard to find so many enjoyable ones I guess?

For example this one has over 1700 games:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/3170/

There is for example Battlefield 2 which he has not played at all, I don't quite understand if he really has bought all of those or has he won some huge game package or what could be behind that huge game arsenal?

Or is it so that those are just incredible wealthy persons that just buy games when they see and then forget about the game?

How they even find game they want to play from their steam, with my only 39 games I'm having trouble finding all, for example today I found out there was new game appeared to list, who knows when it had appeared because list is bit hard to spot what I want to :D

That puzzles me though, how some, quite many actually who has reviews written, seem to have huge number of games.

2. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

Maybe he/she got every single free game on Steam, you never know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well that is what I thought, but when looking list of games, those are not free games, lot of non played games are not even cheap games.

Not sure if this link works better than first, as first just went to game he reviewed.
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/Whiteswart/games/?tab=all

13.5 hours playing each day for last two weeks, maybe one of those professional gamers and gets games to be played so those games get better Steam standing?

For example there is RPG maker VX Ace, which has not been used at all, that is not a cheap and certainly not a free, so even if some games are free or freebies, average price would probably be lot more than 2$ for all games, that would be several thousands even with 1700 games.

Quite often I see so many steam items on those who have written reviews, so it is bit odd to see so many and so much, leads me to think there might be something else to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice