Thrustmaster TMX or Logitech G920

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Hawk005, Nov 25, 2018.

?

Thrustmaster TMX or Logitech G920

1. Logitech G920

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Thrustmaster TMX

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Hawk005

Hawk005
    Expand Collapse

So I am deciding whether I should get the thrustmaster tmx or the Logitech G920 both have pros and cons but I just wanted some people opinions on them (they are both the same price on bestbuy right now.

2. rottenfitzy

rottenfitzy
    Expand Collapse

I have the G920, and it is a fantastic wheel. The build and material quality is great, and the feedback/pedals are quite nice.
    I have never used a Thrustmaster wheel, but apparently they’re pretty good.

I, personally, never regret buying the TMX for what I get from my G920.

Also, something to consider: the shifter for the 920 is around 50usd, but the thrustmaster is a lot nicer and north of 150.

3. BeamNG-For-Life

BeamNG-For-Life
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend you go with the thrustmaster TMX, because I have the PS4 version, which is the Thrustmaster T150, and it is compatible with thrustmaster's t3pa pedals and th8a shifter. Now, if you do get this wheel, I would highly recommend you get the t3pa pedals and the th8a shifter, because they are very good, and the pedals especially are much higher quality than the stock pedals. (the spring for the gas pedal broke on my t150's stock pedals) Also, another thing if you do get the TMX is that I recommend you have the force feedback set to what i have it set to in this picture. These settings allow you to feel the car's grip, and loss of traction
    upload_2018-11-25_18-50-12.png upload_2018-11-25_18-50-30.png

4. Hawk005

Hawk005
    Expand Collapse

I got the TMX and now am waiting for it to arrive, thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If TMX really is like T150, with those settings you will be clipping FFB a lot, well with full updates that is, I start to loose smaller FFB details around 140-160 strength.

I have T150 and most annoying thing in that is that it has kind of notches when turning wheel, most of the time it is not problem, but faster you are going and smaller movement you try to make, more annoying it will get, it is like having smallest movement of the wheel around 1cm.

T150 also needs full updates to get all details from the FFB, fast updates wheel feels pretty dull.

T150 is also a wheel that will not do strong FFB and detailed FFB at the same time, you have to pick one or another, not sure if Logitech is any better, but if playing without headset T150 fan tone can get annoying, it has kind of piercing tone of tiny fan and as it is so close to ears, my PC can't be heard over that little fan, it is not very loud sound, but kinda gets annoying.

Also, power supply of T150 is built inside the wheel base, with Logitech I believe it is outside the wheel, so you can actually replace that.

G27 would be probably better option, but there is no such made anymore.

6. Deleted member 309054

Deleted member 309054
    Expand Collapse

Had both, (TMX and G920) they are both great but I think G920.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice