1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Thrustmaster TMX PRO force feedback weird behavior

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by eocbhafmis, Sep 12, 2017.

1. eocbhafmis

eocbhafmis
    Expand Collapse

Hello all,

So recently i have moved house and haven't had internet for a while so i was a bit slow to update to the latest version of beamNG.

When i finally got back online and set up my Thrustmaster TMX PRO the force feedback was acting strange. I tried plugging it out and in again, updating drivers, firmware and anything i could think of. I changed ingame settings from deadzone tweaking to inverting it and still no change.

The force feedback doesn't appear to react to anything ingame apart from pulling left or right at random.

I have created a video to show you what i mean and hopefully it explains it a tad better than i have here.

EDIT:

So after restarting the game multiple times, still the same results however only one time after a restart the force feedback was actually fixed. After driving it around crashing, resetting the car and then changing vehicle did the same behaviour come back once again.

I documented it here.

If this has been resolved before i apologise and please delete this post and redirect me to the fix.

#1 eocbhafmis, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Trase

Trase
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I PM'd you with the solution, but will post it in the thread too, for other people. I had the exact same problem on my Thrustmaster t300rs and I fixed it simply by setting the update rate limit to any value below 200. (It's Automatic by default. Maybe some recent update broke the auto setting detection).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hm I ran into the same issue after updating my thrustmaster drivers, had to do something else though, so didn't investigate much further at the time (T500RS)
    I'll see if the rate limit works for me too and if it does I'll see if we can ship with better defaults or something. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

If I have my update rate over 200hz the game runs at like 0 fps
    EDIT: different wheel tho, and about to post a new thread for my problem

5. eocbhafmis

eocbhafmis
    Expand Collapse

Cheers trase, that fixed it for me.

6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Worked for me too, I'll forward it to the input guys :)

7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Thanks everyone for reporting. The next update will fix this bug, so you won't need to use special settings to work around the problem.

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

For everyone who have followed our previous advice of reducing update rates down to 100Hz or less: please revert back to "Automatic" rate after you have updated to the latest v0.11 version. Otherwise, force feedback will lack detail compared to old versions of the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice