1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Thrustmaster TMX racing wheel NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xXPrelude11Xx, Jan 5, 2019.

1. xXPrelude11Xx

xXPrelude11Xx
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I just bought BeamNG.Drive and i wanted to use the wheel i was playing forza with on my xbox. I installed the driver, my firmware is updated to version 7 and i did all that was said to fix my problem on the BeamNG support web pages (unchecking things in bigpictures and settuping the force feedback options on my control panel). Steam is showing my device on its parameters but BeamNG is still not showing it on the game. Been searching for solutions for 5 hours straight now and I'm about to lose it. PLEASE HELP ME. Runnig a Dell pc with windows 10.
    --- Post updated ---
    Update : I found out that we have to set each button in steam bigpicture for beamng to recognize them. So my steering wheel now works fine but now i've got no force feedback on it.... and yes i checked the https://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup#Common_problems_and_solutions link...
    --- Post updated ---
    oh and also, my steering start turning at 17% : it does 0 to 17 and then works fine.

#1 xXPrelude11Xx, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would turn anything Steam off, that thing messes up so easily everything.

I put here few pics, which give you my settings with T150, which should be pretty much same as TMX:
    upload_2019-1-5_7-47-59.png upload_2019-1-5_7-48-14.png

These should give quite good feeling of understeer for general driving and racing use, 150 smoothing is bit high, but that is for Autobello and Automation exports, other cars do fine with smoothing set to 100
    upload_2019-1-5_7-48-36.png upload_2019-1-5_7-48-46.png upload_2019-1-5_7-48-56.png upload_2019-1-5_7-49-23.png

By default controls are not binded, so you need to click plus sign in controls next to steering axis and then turn the wheel, then change settings and finally click apply, same for throttle and brake.

In Steam, right click BeamNG.drive and select properties, then setting forced off to steam control stuff avoids usually most issues:
    upload_2019-1-5_7-51-12.png

For example I could not type ingame search boxes before disabling all that steam related control stuff.

Oh and with steering wheel have this filter pages set this way so that everything is off:
    upload_2019-1-5_7-53-31.png

Now if you set everything exactly like I have, then in theory you should have working wheel with good FFB that is not clipping constantly under normal heavy cornering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. xXPrelude11Xx

xXPrelude11Xx
    Expand Collapse

DUDE YOU ARE MY SAVIOR. The forced off thing on steam was really my issue ! man passed the entire day on that and now i'm enjoying the game to its fullest. Thank you very much i swear if you were in front of me right now i would kiss you.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice