1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Thrustmaster TMX setup instructions?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by DeanV, Nov 19, 2017.

1. DeanV

DeanV
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

so I just installed this game and it seems brilliant. Only issue I have is I'm not sure how to set up my Thrustmaster TMX so that it works correctly in terms of both car control and Force Feedback. Anyone got detailed instructions on how to do it for an ideal driving experience?

Thanks a lot guys! Peace

2. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

I use a TMX as well. Unfortunately, FFB (Force Feedback) does not appear to work correctly with the TMX, as it will invert the forces after turning the wheel 45 degrees for some odd reason. On the sensitivity side, create a FFB profile, in BeamNG's Options menu, for the wheel and change the Linearity slider until you are happy with it :)

My personal workaround for the TMX FFB issue is disabling FFB in BeamNG and telling the wheel to always be centered. Sure, you might not get vibrations from the vehicle, but the steering wheel will want to center all the time.

3. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

A fix for force feedback in certain steering wheel models inadvertently created a bug in the force feedback of many Thrustmaster wheels.

The fix will be fixed in the next update. Hopefully once and for all.

In the meantime, you can choose an FFB update frequency of 100Hz to prevent these issues in your Thrustmaster wheels.

4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I have a thrustmaster TMX and I can confirm the FFB works perfectly on my end. It requires some manual setup, but will work perfectly in the end.
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup this is the wiki guide I used to get the right settings.

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the confirmation @BombBoy4 :)

For everyone else: if you have followed our previous advice of reducing update rates down to 100Hz or less, please revert back to "Automatic" rate, this way force feedback will be more detailed.

6. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

7. DeanV

DeanV
    Expand Collapse

Alright guys thanks!! Excited to play this game!
    --- Post updated ---
    So I tried following the tutorial with hilariously disastrous results. I'm truly not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's impossible to get the steering to work properly and for some reason my throttle and brakes act completely wonky (i.e. I'm overheating everything in the car and I'm barely touching anything). The car just spins and smokes like crazy.

Is there maybe an ideal configuration I should follow (maybe with screenshots and exact numbers for settings) for this specific wheel (TMX Thrustmaster)? I'm completely lost on this one.

Thanks in advance lol

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice