1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Thumbnail generator does not work

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by coolusername, May 2, 2019.

1. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Since a few updates the thumbnail generator does not work anymore. It says nothing about this problem in the 0.15 discussion thread, and someone said it works fine for him. I did a reinstall with no mods and everything.
    When i use the app and click on generate thumbnail, it goes into the photo room and does not keep the car i selected, instead it goes back to default car and nothing happens. it should cycle through the configs in small windowed mode, but nope!

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It does work fine here too.

Had ETK800 spawned, and it started cycling through all the configurations taking screenshots.

3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm it works for me, too.

Custom thumbnails for the Piccolina don't match the vanilla ones for this vehicle (POV seems to be lower, see pic), but works fine otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

I choose a car i want to make thumbnails of (no mods this time so no conflicts)
    and click on the orange field
    screenshot_2019-05-03_10-31-44.jpg

it goes into the studio and thats it, nothing happens, and it gets back to default car
    screenshot_2019-05-03_10-31-59.jpg
    And the same thing happens when i click on the orange field in the studio again.

i did a fresh reinstall yesterday, no mods are in currently

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Might be related to the 'Stay on Map' not being selected, so it's loading a new level and loading your default. We will check.

A workaround is to make the vehicle you want your default, it should work.

6. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

But what if i want a photo studio background on my pics like the stock configs have.

-side question-
    The studio is currently dark and i have a white version in my mods and made a thread about how to make it white, but why did you guys didn't gave us a white studio in the first place, so every thumbnail for modders looks like the stock configs?
    old example:
    classic.png

7. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

When `Stay on current map` is not selected it will load another map and them your default vehicle instead of the one you currently had.
    For now load manually the showroom and activate `Stay`

I will try to see if we can release that map and fix those bugs as i merge both maps (white bg is better for vehicle selector, but you need dark bg for garage as the windows will look weird)

maybe release some documentation on how to setup the camera in the settings files ...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

That worked, thanks :D

9. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

How to make it not cycle through all configuations, but only take one thumbnail of one configuation of the very car spawned

10. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure it's possible as of now, although it would certainly be a nice feature to have :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice