Tires

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by cameronL57, Dec 11, 2019.

1. cameronL57

cameronL57
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully a tire update will come soon but i wanted to make a small suggestion to the tire model not being a polygon. Its quite a rough circle and I understand its not going to be perfect but I think making them a little more rounded would make the driving experience better and more accurate.

2. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

You must not understand that it has to be a polygon because the whole car has to be made out of beams and nodes. They can't make a perfect circle because it would cause the game to lag.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

I fail to understand whats bad about it? Its not like its a hexagon and super bumpy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

There isn't really another option than polygon. You got Vectors, which isn't going to happen. You got voxels, which are literally cubes, and there's no "circle" other than complex polygons.

5. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Can you perhaps explain what it is that's missing from the current tire model and how it negatively affects gameplay?

6. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Pretty much just tire thermals as far as I know, but that has nothing to do with the polygonal shape of said tires...

As far as making tires "rounder" I honestly don't know if making them much rounder would actually have that big an impact on the tire model... however it can be tested. Changing the "roundness" of a tire is literally 1 single number change away in a file... so if someone wants to test it, they surely can and report back.

I highest I have ever fooled with was 22 rays... but I never ended up bothering with it beyond that as it didn't feel like what I gained really made it worth pursuing.

7. cameronL57

cameronL57
    Expand Collapse

I dont know much about rendering and stuff but it seems like
    its not necessarily a bad thing although i have noticed that when making sharp turns the tires dont have as much of a patch on the ground and that puts it in a position to where the polygon it more pronounced and is causing more friction that is slowing the car down without pressing the brakes

8. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

What you're experiencing is a mix of understeer and poor driving skills. You can't take a tight corner at high speeds.
    And besides, tires in real life have friction too. Initiate a slide at high speeds and you'll slow down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

the trick with driving is finding the right balance for the car to be smooth and gentle on the machinery you have it makes it last longer that also goes for the tyres too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice