Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ParadoxShiba, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    --- Post updated ---
    Not really sure about that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

when text is In ThIs FoRmAt it usually indicates someone is being sarcastic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

Deleted.

#43 ParadoxShiba, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  4. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

well in that case I am 99% sure he wasn't bashing gaming PCs

5. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Good meme, man. I thought that's what the devs needed to make this feature. Maybe that isn't what they need after all. Anyways, I'd say give the the devs a few years to figure this feature out.

6. Republican Cat

Republican Cat
    Expand Collapse

But if you have little storage you can simply free up storage or not play the game. Games like Forza implemented scratches that can run with what I heard is laser scanned cars. That's like modelling in 8k resolution, and it can run 60+ fps, no need to make excuses, it won't ruin the game to have it added y'know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

you clearly didn't read the post, there's the fact that you need hundreds of high res textures(all custom made) for every car.
    again, read these posts:

8. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever played Forza? The driving physics are inaccurate. The crash physics are inaccurate (BeamNG doesn't even use different physics for driving and crashing). The Forza scratches and dents are pre-modelled and applyed to the car in the rough area that it was damaged. Just think for a minute. If Microsoft, one of the biggest tech companies, can't make an accurate sim game with accurate scratches, then how can BeamNG's small team with a small budget do it?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Republican Cat

Republican Cat
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure, and you're right, Forza isn't a sim game, but I know that most people that play beamng would be happy with scratches and etc even if it isn't measured by every factor, and if you don't want that you don't need it. If I were to take all Forzas scratch images and etc, it would only give me like 1 or 2 more fps, Beamng isn't and probably never will be a full driving sim, as there is just too much to that, but they can add variety to make it better even if it's not realistic. I'm just a guy who plays the game, I don't care if they add it or not, but I think most people don't care if the game is the most realistic as possible if it seems pleasing. Would you rather me offer you the choice of a Mclaren and a Ferrari Just to make sure if you dislike one you choose the other, or just a really good Mclaren? Well anyways I think that's all I'm gonna do for this topic ;) rate agree if u like, or whatever the thing for dislike is if u dislike

• Like Like x 1
  10. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG is the most realistic driving sim, and only a few things actually need to be added to simulate everything about driving that I can think of. Everything in BeamNG is realistic and accurate, as that is the quality the devs strive for and the community expects from the developers. BeamNG doesn't cut corners. Comparing Forza to BeamNG is like comparing Powerwheels to an actual car. Just because I could crash my Powerwheels Hummer into a tree at full speed with no injuries or damage doesn't mean that you could do the same with a real one and expect the same results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

Deleted

#51 ParadoxShiba, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
  12. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

The Forza devs did not implement scratches properly. The development team that makes Forza is likely upwards of 300 people working on the game and have a virtually unlimited budget when compared to BeamNG.
    Forza is not about realism. The details of each car are high quality, but they are not necessarily realistic. If they focused on realism they wouldn't allow you to crash through barriers intended to prevent cars from getting to the other side. Not even the cars in the Motorsport series handle realistically. The Powerwheels comparison is a perfect example because everything in Forza is faked to make you feel like you are driving, which is the exact same thing a Powerwheels does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

There's no dislike thing on here.
    Maybe, but it could end up taking a few years or so.
    Also, Forza probably isn't same thing as BeamNG. I mean, stuff like this, multiplayer, pre-war cars, and realistic mirror textures might be good ideas, but we should give the devs time to evolve the game first. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that we should give them more time to learn things and adapt to new technology.

14. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

You don’t understand, Forza is a HUGE game, with upwards of 300 developers, while BeamNG has around 50, and don’t have enough skills.

If it’s so easy then why don’t you f*cking do it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

I don't think he/she can, tbh.

16. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

That’s the point

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 95Crash

95Crash
    Expand Collapse

Okay. Anyways, I guess we'll see if this thing gets implemented or not.

18. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

I think we've covered this extensively enough to lock the thread. If anyone disagrees and has a new argument/fact in the next 24 hours, then it can continue, but I think we've covered everything and the only thing that will happen is a devolution of the argument.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ParadoxShiba

ParadoxShiba
    Expand Collapse

Deleted (excuse my childish behavior lol)

#59 ParadoxShiba, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2023
  20. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Are we really gonna do this? To address the first part, Beam and Forza do not have the same parts either, so the analogy still works. To address the second, I think @Phym is trying to say that you should not be arguing so vehemently that something can and should be implemented successfully when you yourself have nowhere near the capability

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice