Unsolved Tonemapping works, can i release?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Brother_Dave, May 23, 2019.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

After speaking to LuisAntonRebollo im checking with you about this.

I decided that instead of chasing you guys id give it a try myself. Ive missed Tonemapping contrast since dx9 and have learned enough about shaders for this very reason, to get it working again. Its not a massive change in files, ive made changes to the finalPassCombineP.hlsl in order for it to work, ive also made changes to PostFxManager.gui files so that turning HDR on and off ingame now works, the littel Enable box did nothing before as far as i know.

What im asking is, is it ok for me to release this 'mod' as part of my Alternative Lighting mod or even as a separate mod (i find that more fitting since i want all to use it, not only the ones that checks out Alternative Lighting). The install is simply extracting a zip with 'shaders\common\postFx\hdr\finalPassCombineP.hlsl' and the equivalent for the postFxmanager files hierarchy in the My Documents\Beamng.drive-folder.

Im really happ that this works now, wheather it was deliberatly disabled before or not it has made ALOT of difference for me in eyecandy value. It will challenge me to adjust all my Alternative Lighting map mods now that i dont 'need' to overexpose as much to reach the same (better) results.

Tonemapped the hell out of one of my favourite maps (playing around with near DOF, thats why the flickering trees):

Demonstrating the different settings working and the Enable box:

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Sure, why not.
    Although may be better to put appropriate warning, since it's replacing a delicate file and could cause issues at some update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Awesome!
    Sounds like a good idea, will do that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice