WIP Top Fuel Dragster

Discussion in 'Land' started by Dee_Dop, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

About
    Hello, I've been working on this project on and off since April. I’ve always enjoyed drag racing in BeamNG and I really wanted a car that was capable of some of the fastest times ever seen in BeamNG! So far everything here has been modeled by me aside from the car's body. That was created by my good friend @Foxbody . We have been working very hard on this mod and I'd like to share some of the progress we have made.

I am not certain when the release will be. I am open to criticism, questions and ideas. There is still lots of work to be done and too much to list off. I will update this post whenever it’s finished.

Here's some renders.
    TopfuelbodyV1.png topfuelDeedopModels.png

Here's a picture and clip of the car in game.

screenshot_2021-07-03_11-59-00.png

Here's two clips of it making passes. (Yes i know the car may be a little too fast right now, i was just showing off)

Here’s some pictures of the Jbeam. (I'm not sure what was the best way to show this so i just in-game screenshots.)
    20210703233748_1.jpg 20210703233902_1.jpg

Thanks for checking out my post.
    Please keep in mind this is a W.I.P and I'm still working out the details, that's why this post is so brief.

Attached Files:

• topfuelDeedopModels.png
    • TopfuelbodyV1.png
    • Like Like x 18
  2. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I might be wrong but I don't think it needs so many beams... also if you want to make it slower, please also make the current version available as an option, this is ridiculously fast and I want it lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

"I might be wrong but I don't think it needs so many beams"
    Yeah I thought this as well, I think I can reduce the beam and node count. Also the current version will be available in the release. Thanks for the feedback

4. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Pog fuel dragster

5. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

My man you went from shrek to depressed. What happened?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

Just felt like it

7. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

lmao okay. anyways, when this gets realised, imma set up some good accidents on that drag strip

8. Diederik2006

Diederik2006
    Expand Collapse

1. will it be able to do blowovers like this?
    2. will it be able to break in half when it's finished?

9. CarFanatic86

CarFanatic86
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Is this going to be just like Meo's dragster?

10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

It definitely does not. I think you could get away with 1/10 as many as it has now. Right now it seems like someone just went ahead & exported the entire mesh as a jbeam instead of doing it properly

11. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

I didn't use blender to create the jbeam. This is my first full car mod so I wasn't sure what I was doing. Ill try to reduce the node and beam count. Thanks for the feedback.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean they are both Top Fuel dragsters, that's the only similarity.

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If it's your first Jbeam, then I'll give you a tip for the chassis: start by placing nodes exactly where the connections between the bars are, and place beams between them, they will follow the shape of the frame. This way you will have proper deformation to start with. Then add more beams crossing the main skeleton to make it more rigid. Compare it to the D-Series Crawler for example to see how exactly it's done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dee_Dop

Dee_Dop
    Expand Collapse

1.Blow-overs are possible.
    2. Possibly :)

14. powiephenom

powiephenom
    Expand Collapse

Yeah from the looks of it thats what i thought too. Years ago, I attempted to make a ATV mod and used the mesh as a jbeam and it was super unstable.

15. Nico05

Nico05
    Expand Collapse

Earlier this year I felt the need to drive one of those Top Fuel cars. I ended up getting the PC port of some crappy mobile drag racing game that looked like something straight out of the 2000's. You needed to either grind a lot, or spend cash to get cool cars. I'm sure this will be a much better alternative when it comes out. Looks good!

16. zach444

zach444
    Expand Collapse

Lmao that moment when you speed moni on a game called «Street PRO gangster drag fast police chase lightspeed 2012» and all the cars are basically the same except for one: the one that costs money.

17. Foxbody

Foxbody
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't want to be building an 11,000hp groundshaking monster with anyone but the RR team! Lets get it! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nicho 2

Nicho 2
    Expand Collapse

kinda looks like you copied meos top fuel dragster

19. Formula24

Formula24
    Expand Collapse

He started posting progress on this in dev screenshots far before Meo's was public knowledge. Of course they are gonna be similar, they are based around the same set of rules/based on the same type of cars. Its like saying Mercedes copied Ferrari because they built a F1 car. Its pretty rude to just say you think somebody is straight up copying somebody.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Coghead

Coghead
    Expand Collapse

How so is it copying meo's dragster? Many top fuel dragsters have that kind of design in which it maximizes the speed and minimizes drag. The engine, of course, has to be behind the cockpit. I myself have a copy of Meo's dragster (Through patreon), and the jbeam is rather different. Meo's is rather simplistic, and this one seems heavy in terms of jbeam
    This one, I believe, has a bendable frame and detachable panels, while meo's has a stiff frame with nondetachable panels. I also believe this one is slower than meo's, yet has better launch control.
    I have seen significant progress from both of them. This dragster I have seen progress of the frame. I do not know the start date of this dragster, but I have seen progress of Meo's from March of this year, specifically with almost the bare bones together.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice