Torque (To the wheels) tweaking

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by joytech22, Aug 4, 2013.

1. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Hey Guys,

I've noticed the cars make very little torque in the low range, and it makes it very hard to get the cars free from otherwise simple things such as accidentally driving a car up the side of a rock or starting on a grade.
    Perhaps the gearbox/engine needs a little tweaking to make it more realistic? I can't imagine having a car with this little torque at such low revs!

I think the clutch should balance itself into the higher RPM range when the car hesitates to move (so pretty much the equivalent of a stall converter/stall launching in an auto or simply equivalent to how an auto uses its torque converter) to make it possible to start on steep hills (without starting at speed).

Just a suggestion :D

2. AstonishingA

AstonishingA
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I know what you mean, I spent a solid 10 minutes trying to get off a little hump due to lack or torque and motor stalling basically.

I have noticed that you can push 'Q' to change the gear mode so you can rev it in neutral then slam it into gear, seem to work better than the 'Automatic' gear mode

3. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Have you guys tried driving the Civetta Bolide? I have such a hard time trying to get it to drive in a straight line.

4. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Definitely notice that, but once it gets into about 3rd gear it's easy to control.

Yeah it can get annoying lol. I did know about doing that but it's a little annoying.

5. AstonishingA

AstonishingA
    Expand Collapse

It's as if the cars are too light or the wheels arnt gripping enough.. Fingers crossed for some handling updates down the track

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The problem is the launching behavior - it doesn't get enough revs before declutching/shifting into 1st. We are working on it.

7. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Excellent, can't wait. Should help a bit when filling up the van and truck with cars. Mwahaw

8. CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy
    Expand Collapse

Would be great to be able to adjust the steering sensitivity. Perhaps you can, but I didn't see a control options in the main menu. I do know about the configuration file for the controller, but unsure if the sensitivity/deadzone is a part of that.

#8 CoffeeCrazy, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  9. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

you could use manual mode and rev it with clutch in. thats what ive been doing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice