Torque Twist: Possible Feature?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nickster 7, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Nickster 7

Nickster 7
    Expand Collapse

Since there is so much hype about having realistic engine simulation in the game, maybe it would be possible to add "torque twist" to the game, especially for semi trucks. That is the twisting motion you see when a vehicle accelerates (mostly visible in a semi truck when the engine tries to turn the drive-shaft to turn the rear wheels while accelerating.) You can also see this with most car's engine blocks when revving. I know it was possible in ROR to animate things to simulate the torque twist (KME Predator firetruck) but maybe it could be more realistic in beamng.

An example I found:

#1 Nickster 7, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, this is planned, and quite easy to implement :)

3. Nickster 7

Nickster 7
    Expand Collapse

I figured it would be if you decided to do it, and that's great that you're actually doing it!

4. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

My dad had a wooden boat that had massive torque twist. The more you throttled it the more sideways you went, then when you had it wide open you could reach out and drink the lake water, which I never did, or anyone else. Just an exaggeration, don't judge me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice