Cancelled Toyota Land Cruiser 2016

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Eskim, Sep 20, 2019.

?

I have three mod ideas, which would you like to see more?

1. BMW X3 2018 (SUV)

16.9%
  2. Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 (SUV)

69.4%
  3. Mitsubishi Outlander 2018 (SUV)

13.7%
  1. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,

First off, im hoping this is the correct page to start this thread.

Secondly, after a long time of thinking. A very long time, months to be honest with you, i have finally decided it's time to get into coding and using blender. I have it on my computer and it's pointless having it there and not doing anything with it. I have also come up with an idea to create some SUV's based on real cars. My first option was a Toyota Land Cruiser, then came along my British side, a BMW X3. Then out came a vehicle i love a lot, the Mitsubishi Outlander. There's a lot of SUV's out there, my plan isn't to exactly copy the vehicles. I may add some of my own features, redesign the lights maybe and the Logo of the cars. Or even better, maybe i wont redesign them and just create them and basically replicate the real ones. I am more of an SUV guy, so expect a lot of SUV mods whenever i can create them. I do have plans to create sedans, coupes, pickups based on real vehicles. And i have plans to create existing BeamNG vehicles, maybe a Hirochi SUV/ Pickup/ Van.

Obviously none of them will be done by the end of the year and it will obviously take more than a year to create any mods knowing me. I'm new to blender and it will take a lot of time to understand everything. Your patience is greatly appreciated and of course your support is appreciated too. Please be respectful.

Update as of 26/09/2019 (I have managed to make some progress!)

Progress.png

As of this date, im now fully in the works of making the Toyota Land Cruiser 2016 as that has won in the votes. Please be respectful yet again, this is my first time using blender and just this small amount of progress makes me happy. Which boosts my motivation to continue! I'll keep you guys updated when i make more progress.

#1 Eskim, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  2. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forums! Seems youre in the right place, good start. I'd offer my help but I'm not experienced and still stuck into figuring out editing jbeams

3. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

thank you! i took a peak at Blender last night and im so confused. I may have to look at tutorials. But there isn't many BeamNG tutorials that are simple.

4. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

i picked for toyota land cruiser all the way!

5. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently making the Toyota right now. :p

Please let me know if there is anything im doing wrong on the forums, if this needs to be moved, if i need to edit anything on the thread. Im new to pretty much most of this. Blender and Forum stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

7. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Not to down you on your progress, but the method you're creating the car with is rather bad. It will simply be a problem to work on later & you will have to restart making the model anyway. I'd advise you to delete what you have & start making a new body with this method:

(go to 2:34 if it doesn't do that automatically)

I know you spent some time on the mesh & it seems to be your first model, but it's better to switch now than in later stages where there's a lot more to lose :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, im new to Blender so i have literally no clue on the best method. Thank you for the advice and the video, that helps a lot on my end and hopefully i'll make more progress is a small amount of time with this method.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

------ Currently On Hold for now ------

Reason for the hold is because i dont want to cancel it. I still want to continue making progress however, i have gotten a new 2080 Ti PC and i do not have blender downloaded and im starting from scratch. It will re-appear as "WIP" once i feel motivated and/or have blender downloaded and have my PC sorted out.

Please, please, please, DO NOT bump this thread after a few months if i have not made any updates. If i post an update, then yeah. But dont keep asking "any updates?" or "any News?" it's annoying :)

Please, let me know if i am wrong for using "On Hold" as my title. I will correct it!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Eskim

Eskim
    Expand Collapse

Hey everyone, as of today's date (13/11/2019) I am cancelling my project due to obvious reasons:
    A: I cant mod what so ever.
    B: I shouldnt start with a big project if im new to blender.

So, with that being said, look forward to seeing other content related to Vanilla cars. (Custom Configs/ Redesigns)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. VENOMOUS 2

VENOMOUS 2
    Expand Collapse

12. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

im glad you realized this
    start with some engines or parts. get familiar with basic jbeam and textures. you will be well on your way at that point ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice