1. Stuck, Having problems with creating your mod? Let us help you: Mod Support

WIP Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Land' started by Nekkit, Aug 15, 2018.

1. iplaybeam

iplaybeam
    Expand Collapse

Totally a guy driving that. Also why can't prius owners get a model 3 (basic version) ... oh wait

2. Toyota Ventury

Toyota Ventury
    Expand Collapse

they didnt sell it here

3. PRC0

PRC0
    Expand Collapse

i have a name for it!!! Ibishu Pride

4. PigeonDriver

PigeonDriver
    Expand Collapse

Actually the base model of the prius is and for a while has been the II, not the III. The III is a bit more common in earlier generations, because with it you would get stuff like a reversing camera and other stuff, but pretty much all of that was made standard on the II for the hideous forth generation, a fact I know only because I own a 2017 prius II. Also, I'm totally getting a sticker like that for it.

5. GALAXYGAMER

GALAXYGAMER
    Expand Collapse

a sleeper prius

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. marlenemancuso

marlenemancuso
    Expand Collapse

Yes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse

Has there been any progress besides "light textures" and "model" which is a stolen high-poly model from Forza
    All that seems to be done is you stole a makeshift hack-job from world of mods, did some light texture work and call it a day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. marlenemancuso

marlenemancuso
    Expand Collapse

He is not done yet
    Chill

9. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse

My point is I have serious doubts with the authors ability to create mods, since it's been almost 3 weeks and he's given no plans of progress, has not made a mod before (except for a unattractive model)
    If he does have actual hints of progress besides some texturing (Model doesnt count because it's obviously a high poly russian rip)

My point is, i'd bet a 1000 dollars that this will sit with little progress, he'll call in a bunch of people to do jbeam work, and it will ever get cancelled/released in a WIP state.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Everybody loves name requests, especially if they already specified it won’t be uploaded to the repository.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TheShipMaster

TheShipMaster
    Expand Collapse

how about you do a mod and see how "easy" it is

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse

He's planning to make a full on vehicle mod and setting up the bars way to high.

I would recommend to him developing his modding skills so he can deliver on promises and not make something half-baked, or relying on other peoples help.

Did I say it was easy? no

Did I say I had knowledge of modding and coding? no

Roger Ebert isn't a cinematographer, so why should he be able to criticize movies?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse

To add to what ¿Carbohydration? said, you don't need to make mods to know that this mod is biting off far more than Nekkit can chew. It's very rare that someone finishes and releases a mod like this where they start off with a model they didn't make and think they can turn it into a mod. There's a reason why a bunch of us always say you should model things yourself. If you can put the effort into modeling it correctly, you'll be far more likely to figure out the rest of the stuff you need to do for modding or to have someone help you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Fenneko

Fenneko
    Expand Collapse

I never made a mod, but doesn't mean we can't give honest criticism about mods.

Especially for people that understand what makes a good mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. shade-S

shade-S
    Expand Collapse

16. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse

1: I did not personally insult the author, i was just commenting on how this will probably turn out as a poorly revamped russian mod, and that he should start with something more manageable.
    2. I do not intend to "star hate and anger" am i now not allowed to compare this mod to other mods that turn out in a similar fashion, and that he should start modding more simple additions instead of ultimately failing to release a project.
    3. "Stop talking" i'm sorry that i don't bend to your backseat moderator forum policing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Fenneko

Fenneko
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse

The only person getting angry here is you; it's not our fault if you or anyone else isn't mature enough to handle criticism or discussion about how the modder has decided to start. I've been here for over 3 years now, and I've seen enough threads that start exactly like this die off and never be completed. Very few of these threads for trying to improve someone else's mod go anywhere since the amount of work needed to fix them and have them perform properly isn't worth the effort for the end-result.

I completely understand the appeal of it, don't get me wrong. It seems like a good way to save time and not have to do as much work, but the reality is that trying to improve these mods isn't going to help you learn and will probably teach you bad habits since you will inevitably be looking at the original mod when you are trying to figure something out.

Telling him to stop talking because you don't like what he said is a pretty weak argument as well. If there is a legitimate reason for him to stop, you need to explain it and justify it rather than simply telling him to shut up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Dat Boi 5

Dat Boi 5
    Expand Collapse

Can we get the lb performance prius?

20. ehh.

ehh.
    Expand Collapse

i really want a 2jz and rocket bunny kit for this thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice