1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

I'm just a little curious, But would it be possible for tracked vehicles to be made and operate properly? I seen the thread where it said pretty much any form of vehicle is possible, but I'm still a little curious :) Thanks.
    (kinda hoping it works a little like the Ripsaw from RoR but smoother if it does become possible.)

2. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

If RoR was able to do it, then Beam NG is far more than capable I'm sure

3. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

Probably, I'm just a little curious is all :) Because this is already amazing even in such early stages of development,
    I guess I'm thinking a little far ahead as tracks aren't exactly easy from what I've read in many forums over on RoR,
    And that I dont really understand the mechanics, I've never been able to work with that sort of program.

4. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I know the feeling, I'm trying to teach myself LUA b/c I want a better automatic transmission simulation... If the tutorials weren't as boring...

5. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

I've never been able to grasp code in my head to be honest. Although I should try and not go off topic.
    There was another vehicle I was curious about, it was never implemented into RoR And I've fogotten what it was called. But it had two large pipes with a spiral thing going around them. not sure if that could be made, too.

6. djmengu

djmengu
    Expand Collapse

Like this :)

#6 djmengu, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  7. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

That is amazing. You've found the video I was looking for, for like an hour yesterday :3. But yes, I'm wondering about that exact kind of design in BeamNG, Not sure how it'd work though.

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

That snowmobile thing, yes, it should be possible. I think it could require a lot of nodes and beams to work properly though, but in theory it would be possible.

As far as I can see everything you could ever imagine could in theory be built in BeamNG, as long as there will be wing presets that generate lift and drag in air and things that create drag in water, and slidenodes(I'd imagine eventually this will all exist). If those things will exist, the only limit I can see to your imagination is the hardware performance. The more nodes and beams you have, the slower your game will run if you go a bit overboard. I would love to see how BeamNG would handle a proper tracks-system, cause in RoR it was always a bit wonky.

9. Goose900

Goose900
    Expand Collapse

My hardware should be more than enough (its listed in my signature) I'd just need to learn how to model, I'd probably need a lot of tips. as I've never been able to do well in 3ds max. regardless of version, Only modeling program I was remotely good with was google sketchup. which isnt exactly state of the art...
    But thank you for the info Mythbuster :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice