Released DMM512 Diesel-Locomotive

Discussion in 'Land' started by zagdima, Aug 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

It’s time for the F7 A Unit to get its official name, but I need help naming it so vote.

Poll closed Oct 3, 2018.
  1. DMM 512 (Divine Motor’s Motor)

58 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Rail King 13

41 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Eastbound C Edition (C= Cargo)

28 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Aura HammerHead Thrust

13 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Your own Name (write it in forum)

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes those are not possible to use in free mods, only in commercial products and there might be mentioning of how one has to use means which prevent easy extracting of model out from the game etc.

Best thing I guess is to ask them if it can be used in free modification.

It is all electric now, using actually electric motor specifications of drifter dude's train as I stumbled upon document which has lot of details about that Locomotive's powertrain parts.

Lacks few kph top speed, but easy to adjust with gear ratios. (then again I'm not exactly sure about top speed of Rio Grande)
    Much harder is next phase which is to get diesel to make electricity and get battery to be used as a buffer only.

Gearbox is not so challenging as I think that I can set electric as main engine and diesel as secondary, but there are quite a few options to choose from.

It is mighty strong though as there are no currency limiting at all, so it is maximum peak and continuous torque only, in reality currency limits cut down torque quite a lot, but I did some adjustments after that and it is much more reasonable already, still many days of tweaking needed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

If it had a CC (Creative Commons) license, then you can make a mod from that train model without permission. Royalty Free means that person won’t be payed a royalty (for instance, VW gets some of the profits from a racing game that contains VW vehicles, hence why certain games with car brand licensing gets pulled from sale, physically and digitally [steam, GOG, etc] because that licensing deal expires and they don’t renew it due to the game is a certain number of years old and is no longer selling enough) per train model used. It doesn’t apply to modding freely. You still need to ask permission to use that model.

I’m no lawyer or anything that is related to law (I know literally nothing about certain laws without looking it up), I was just going from what I believe happens with royalty free licensing.

3. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

What a hell. I' mean i'm paying money for model and i cannot use it freely. I hate mostly i think U.S. or whatever country introduced this shit.

4. Blood-PawWerewolf

Blood-PawWerewolf
    Expand Collapse

U.S. copyright laws are 100% broken and is abused a lot. Look at YouTube as a good example.

But like I said, I could be getting the laws wrong because it’s how I see them and understand copyright and licensing laws is hard.

5. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

With all this nonsense with models and other stuff, I decided to make my own sd70 train.
    23465.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It works as diesel-electric now, using slightly modified citibus hybrid drivetrain LUA by @Arcanox which here is used to recharge battery by diesel engine and regen braking, but no thrusters so it is all electric motor driving wheels, I did wrote to him asking permission to use his code and if he agrees, this might be something you can have:

There are still few things to do, as you can see reversing is currently done by rangebox, because I have not yet build bindings to control secondary engine gearbox, but it should be within possibility, maybe, need to do testing with that.

Of course needs a lot of tweaking, but it does behave quite nicely. Battery size on video was only 2kWh and electric engine max torque 'only' 18000, top speed rpm limited 135kph, I set metal instead of rubber for wheels so it sparks a little, but i think there was parameter for that, reduced grip a lot, might need even more reducing as there is still too much grip I think.

7. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

NICE JOB, did you saw what I, send you.

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but haven't had time to look very much to it, plan is to look more after nap and getting that secondary gearbox control in as after I get that working, I can put stuff into some kind of organized setting instead of current chaos in files, which would make testing lot easier.

I even had manual gearbox with a clutch working with this thing, certainly parts that won't be needed, but had to be tested :p

9. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

How the rio grande performs when 2 are coupled together? they pull both at the same time? When I try, look like they try but they pull in oposit directions.

Edit:

Also, the rear coupler of the F7 should be pulled a bit more outwards, since now its not posible to couple the vehicle transpoters or 2 F7 back to back like in this photo.

And I will want to add on the topic of the (Hi/Lo) gearbox has an inverter, I like the idea of only have "n" speed gearbox and use the Hi/Lo to change direction. But I dont know how It will work whit the IA...

#429 acynder, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, at least AI would not slam brakes at straight section and start reversing, having only forward gear at it's disposal it can only go forward after slamming the brakes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Thats definitly true. I wonder if its posible to define a route and make the AI go arround nicely... I have a modified gridmap whit a loop around so Im gona try to create a route under the tracks after I add x10 of fuel to the f7 so it doesnt run out of fuel after only one lap...

12. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

Some more. progress on the sd70
    12.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. KCHARRO

KCHARRO
    Expand Collapse

Good job, if you can make it destroy like the real ones according to the force of impact in a certain area, remember that the frame of the chassis is almost indesrtuctible, it can bend but with extreme impact strength ....

Excellent job!!!!!

Any news about 2TE10 ?????

#433 KCHARRO, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  14. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

we have now new powertrain so i need to implement it and its ready i think.

15. KCHARRO

KCHARRO
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad to hear that. Did you get the traction of all the axes?

16. heinen#69

heinen#69
    Expand Collapse

can you make a map with a train yard

17. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

Should be we have many people who worked on this system.
    --- Post updated ---
    Only maybe oval. But i saw somebody did map with oval on it maybe he can share.

• Like Like x 1
  18. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Im glad to see progress on the mod! The SD70 Is comming out really nice!

Also I recorded some footage of the F7A t-boning a tanker truck because reasons, here it is:

19. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

they cant rear couple

Attached Files:

• 20180907192235_1.jpg
  20. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

Will the EMD SD70M be deformable?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice