Released DMM512 Diesel-Locomotive

Discussion in 'Land' started by zagdima, Aug 13, 2018.

Tags:
?

It’s time for the F7 A Unit to get its official name, but I need help naming it so vote.

Poll closed Oct 3, 2018.
  1. DMM 512 (Divine Motor’s Motor)

58 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Rail King 13

41 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. Eastbound C Edition (C= Cargo)

28 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Aura HammerHead Thrust

13 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. Your own Name (write it in forum)

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Amtrak America

Amtrak America
    Expand Collapse

I think you really need to focus on one train at a time. For instance, will the SD70 be deform friendly, opening doors, breakgroups, etc? How about breakable windows?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Yes that would look beautiful in my new subway tunnels. They're already in (a mile or two of tunnels with two currently identical stations, which aren't lit up or highly decorated yet).

I need some sort of measurement guide, so that I can make sure the platforms are the right height though. (or you can send me a copy of the train model or something I can spawn in my copy of BeamNG here so I can check the door heights against the platform).

In addition, it will also have more success as in due time when the map is PUBLIC (and not just for Patreon folks supporting the map so kindly), I will eventually release my modular road kit (MRK) Subway tracks / stations, for other mappers to use. The MRK kit has fully MOSAIC LOD's (single-texture) and also has built in native collision built-in to the objects.

Link-back to my own city project with said subway tunnels and platforms. It's in early alpha yet but has a few finished parts, and is available via links sent out to Patreon folks! This is a community funded project, please join in if you're financially able!
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/a-new-city-map-los-injurus.57055/

#582 bob.blunderton, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  3. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

My stupid habit is to start everything at once and don't what to finish first.o_O I'm not planning on making sd70 destructible because I have no experience in making deformable groups etc. If someone could help me. About opening. This train as I know have only 2 doors for the cabin and the cabin will not have an interior. But you can destroy invisible engine). so I wish I can make destructible windows but as I said before I have no experience.
    So new Subway train is processing very fast:rolleyes:
    BeamNGdrivex642018-09-2602-27-54-637.png
    How many wagons have usual NY Subway train?
    Doors are openable of course. But they are props not physical objects. ANd Interior not physical. Like in a citybus. I can make floor but i have no any reasons for that.
    BeamNGdrivex642018-09-2602-40-14-704.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli
    Expand Collapse

Well, trains very in length. Anywhere from 4-8-12 cars.

5. Jarret Rucker

Jarret Rucker
    Expand Collapse

Subway lookin' nice.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, why are people still rating my "Egg" post as informative?

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

I found on Wikipedia - A typical New York City Subway train consists of 8 to 11 cars

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lapis Lazuli

Lapis Lazuli
    Expand Collapse

Yes, but R160 trains, like this one, are only arranged in 4 - 5 car sets, so an 8 car train would be 4+4 a 9 car train 5+4 a 10 car train 5+5 but there is no way to make an 11 car train using the R160 specifically.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Jarret Rucker

Jarret Rucker
    Expand Collapse

Why.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Can I ask you if the metro rolling stock will be powered or not? If Metrostroi teached me something is that the no only the heads are powered, but the midle cars too. But the last ones dont have controls by their own, like the F7 B unit.

10. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

They are not powered, because then you connect them they took control over the main train. Maybe there is a some way out but i don't know.
    --- Post updated ---
    Is anybody know how to import citybus doors opening closing sound? I know that it uses Lua scripting maybe somebody has experience in making this.

11. freddy5404

freddy5404
    Expand Collapse

I live in ny they have 7 almost every train.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. zeilscout

zeilscout
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00000.png
    I decided that the Rio Grande needed to see some roads, rather than rails, so I loaded it onto 5 flatbed trailers. I first tried 3, but they just collapsed under the massive weight.

screenshot_00001.png
    Here you see the trailers, still in relatively good condition.

screenshot_00002.png
    They already look worse after some bumps.

screenshot_00003.png screenshot_00005.png
    Smashed a wheel, and that basically ended the journey.

screenshot_00004.png
    Clutch gone, this is where it rests.

Except that it doesn't, since i hooked up a new truck with more power, lower gears and a beefed up clutch. For all crash lovers:
    screenshot_00006.png
    Speed at impact: 40 km/h

I hope you like to see this silly idea of mine, just thought that some people might have a laugh because of it.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00002.png
    • Like Like x 6
  13. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

I see 7 a lot but I usually see 8

14. freddy5404

freddy5404
    Expand Collapse

There are 2 NY Subway trains one is under ground and some are on bridges above the streets I know this is stupid but if you play GTA 4 you'll know what I'm talking about its the opposite of a subway those have 10 cars including engine car and underground has 7 cars.

15. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

How much are you progressing with the new russian Locamotive?

16. Cooldriver10

Cooldriver10
    Expand Collapse

Have you consider movie trains? Runaway train 1985

Note the first train use to look like this

Unstoppable

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

Is anybody know how to import citybus doors opening closing sound i know that it uses lua scripting maybe some
    need to change the engine and enough. But now i don't have time - and i will pause making trains.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

I hope that you will have te time soon. I wanted to start to making mods so I can help you but them my holidays ended and I won't be able to do anything soon, maybe in christmas, maybe.

19. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

this is great we definitely need more trains in this game and more maps with train tracks

20. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

By the way, I got acess to his repository fron skechup: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/by/jmedina3D?nav=models to use the models with the condition of sending a video of one of them working on beamng if anyone has the free time or the knolenge to do it. They are from my home country (spain) soo If I remember corectly the AVE one is the only on international gauge, the Renfe ones are on spanish gauge (bigger) and the feve is on metric (smaler).

Im gonna try to mod the Renfe UT 447 onto beamng on my spare time. Soo no promises.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice