1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Transmission problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Rainvest, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I've come across this problem even an update later. I find it to be a little irritating when your default gearbox mode switches to arcade from realistic permanently until you reset your vehicle. Pressing the restore key just keeps it on arcade. I've explained the bug with a clean game and everything and support had came to me but nothing was done about it and the bug keeps going on.

If you fail to see what is happening, when you spawn two vehicles, enable AI on one of them, restore both vehicles, and use your main one that you want to drive, that one is stuck on arcade even though you can see my default gearbox mode is realistic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

3. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Bump again.

4. Destroyer247_52

Destroyer247_52
    Expand Collapse

I have some questions, what version of the game are you running, do you have any mods installed. The "Fatal Vehicle Exception" was fixed in 0.9+. Also I recommend using the "AI Control" App instead of the radial menu.

5. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, this is quite an annoying bug.

6. Destroyer247_52

Destroyer247_52
    Expand Collapse

I hope you guys experiencing this do realize that this is not happening to everyone. I have never experienced this issue, but I'll just suggest a couple things, clear cache, run in safe mode. After that is done make sure that if there is a "FATAL VEHICLE EXCEPTION" to reload that vehicle as that stops the Lua in the game leading to the issue that your are experiencing.

7. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

No, no, no, NO! This problem still arises with a completely clean game and this was in an older version of the game. I'm not even talking about fatal vehicle exception right now, i'm talking about how my gearbox mode keeps changing to arcade when the default is realistic. Can you not read OP?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Destroyer247_52

Destroyer247_52
    Expand Collapse

Are you sure your not being clear enough, you should answer the question, "what version of the game are you running?", that would open up more options. Saying that I can't read is not leading to a fix for you issue.

9. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I'm running 0.9. You keep trying to tell me about the fatal vehicle exception and not what i'm trying to report.

10. Destroyer247_52

Destroyer247_52
    Expand Collapse

I KNOW, you are not reporting that, but if that happens it stops the .Lua (code) feed until you reload the vehicle it happened on. I just replicated your scenario entirely and got absolutely no issues.

11. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

12. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The title is unrelated to what's written in the actual post?
    Anyhow, the AI thing has been forwarded already.

AI requires 'Arcade' gearbox to work, that's why it automatically switches to that each time.

15. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

I've posted there but nobody seems to see it :|

Well I know that Arcade gearbox is require to work for the AI car to drive but my car that I drive stays in Arcade instead of realistic. I don't like not being able to shift after I reset my car and I have to switch it manually to realistic.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice