1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Transmission sound is weird.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Dothero, May 25, 2020.

1. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

Since the last update, a lot of normal manual transmission now have whinning sound like on straight cut sequential transmission (I think it's present on all manuals).
    It's very weird to hear whinning noises when you're driving a regular car.

All troubles have been verified in safe mode.

2. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

intentional, listen closely while in a real car and you'll hear a faint whine

3. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I will listen next time I take the car. But for example, the piccolina have a really loud whine noise. Maybe in the game it has a straight cut gear, but normally the fiat 500 (I know it isn't the same car but it's for a comparaison with a similar car) have an helical gear.

4. Noah2001

Noah2001
    Expand Collapse

older cars didn't have the same noise reduction stuff that modern cars have. watch any video with a old car that has a manual and it will more than likely have quite a bit of gear whine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice