Solved Tropical Tree 2 Shows Up as White Squares

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by DuneWulff, Jul 17, 2017.

1. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

I hope this is a simple problem and that I have simply renamed something wrong.
    I've just started work on another map and when I went to paint some forests, the "tro_tree_2" brushes went rogue:
    thefruitofthewhitesquaretree.jpg
    I've looked through the files and I don't see anything wrong. The debug menu doesn't seem to throw any errors about missing textures/materials, either.
    I actually went and re-created all of my forest files to make sure nothing was broken and this one forest element (Trees_Tropical_2) simply doesn't want to load correctly. All of the other forest brushes seem to be fine.
    The vines of the tree load correctly, but the trunk and leaves do not. It stays like this after cache emptying as well.

So... how can I fix this? :p

2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Please provide us the files either here or in a PM so we can have a closer look at it. Thanks!

3. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Here you go. Like I said I hope it is something fairly simple.

Attached Files:

4. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

It seems that you created some materials which are now overwriting the stock ones.

E.g. the tro_tree_2_trunk material in the \art\shapes\trees\trees_tropical_1\materials.cs file:

Once you delete those duplicates it's working again:

5. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

Yep, that did it! Thanks, meywue!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice