Troubleshooting my old map that now just crashes the game.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by jammin2222, May 17, 2020.

1. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

So I have an old map I made years ago that used to load up and play just fine. Since a few months ago it refuses to load and just hangs on the loading screen and I have to force close the game.
    I haven't made any changes to the map that would cause it to stop working.
    I guess an update changed some things and something about this map is causing a problem.

I used to open the console when a map was loading to see if there were any error messages but I cant seem to open it while a map is loading these days.

If I load into a working map and open the console then try loading the problem map the console just vanishes and I learn nothing about the problem.

Any tips for finding the cause would be great!

Thanks

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Check the logs instead (Userfolder/beamng.log)

Sounds like your level may be having problems with the spawnpoints, making you stuck on the loading screen.

3. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Awesome thanks!

It seems to be a problem with the terrain and forest. The last few entries say they are outdated and need to be resaved to upgrade to the new format.

Not sure if I can resave it as I can't load the map to modify it.
    25.92002|I|GELua.levelLoading|*** loading mission: /levels/Epic_Map/Epic_Map.mis
    25.92016|I|GELua.levelLoading|*** Loading init took: 0.500 s
    26.15770|I|GELua.levelLoading|*** Loaded datablocks in 0.238 s
    26.16720|W|MaterialManager::mapMaterial|Warning, duplicate material. Overwriting. Old: /art/shapes/interface/materials.cs / race_checkpoint / mapTo = race_checkpoint vs new: /levels/Epic_Map/art/Shapes/misc/materials.cs / race_checkpoint / mapTo = race_checkpoint
    26.17311|W|MaterialManager::mapMaterial|Warning, duplicate material. Overwriting. Old: /art/shapes/race/main.materials.json / tree_oak_large_a_ColorEffectR27G177B88_material / mapTo = ColorEffectR27G177B88-material vs new: /levels/Epic_Map/art/Shapes/trees/trees_oak/materials.cs / tree_oak_large_a_ColorEffectR27G177B88_material / mapTo = ColorEffectR27G177B88-material
    26.26235|E|DecalData::_updateMaterial|DecalData::_updateMaterial, failed to find Material of name Asphalt_road_01_decal2!
    26.26241|E|DecalData::_updateMaterial|DecalData::_updateMaterial, failed to find Material of name Asphalt_road_01_decal2!
    26.26279|W|DDSFile::readHeader|DDSFile::readHeader - using uncompressed texture [/levels/Epic_Map/art/road/road-01_damage_sml_decal_01_d.dds]
    26.26281|E|DDSFile::readHeader|DDSFile::readHeader - only RGB formats are supported! [/levels/Epic_Map/art/road/road-01_damage_sml_decal_01_d.dds]
    26.42079|I|GELua.levelLoading|*** Loaded materials in 0.263 s
    26.48429|W|Forest::reloadData| === Old forest file format detected. Please resave the forest and delete the old files. ===
    26.48432|W|Forest::reloadData| * /levels/Epic_Map/Epic_Map2.forest - v1: deprecated. Please remove after upgrade.
    26.48434|W|Forest::reloadData| * /levels/Epic_Map/Epic_Map.forest - v1: deprecated. Please remove after upgrade.
    26.48460|W|ForestData::readAppendLegacyFormat|using old forest data format, change the forest and save the level to upgrade the format
    26.52131|E|TSShape::setDetailSize|TSShape::setDetailSize: Cannot find detail with size 600 on shape levels/Epic_Map/art/shapes/trees/trees_oak/tree_oak_sml_b.cdae
    26.52375|E|TSShape::setDetailSize|TSShape::setDetailSize: Cannot find detail with size 100 on shape levels/Epic_Map/art/shapes/trees/trees_oak/tree_oak_bush_c.cdae
    26.52609|E|TSShape::setDetailSize|TSShape::setDetailSize: Cannot find detail with size 600 on shape levels/Epic_Map/art/shapes/trees/trees_oak/tree_oak_forest_b.cdae
    26.53549|E|TSShape::setDetailSize|TSShape::setDetailSize: Cannot find detail with size 600 on shape levels/Epic_Map/art/shapes/trees/trees_oak/tree_oak_forest_a.cdae
    26.57401|W|ForestData::readAppendLegacyFormat|using old forest data format, change the forest and save the level to upgrade the format
    27.48027|W|TerrainBlock::eek:nAdd|Terrain file is outdated (version 7 vs 8): levels/Epic_Map/Epic_Map_0.ter - Please resave the terrain to upgrade to the new format

Any ideas?

4. MadHEMI

MadHEMI
    Expand Collapse

:D Jeepers that burp when Concrete Carnage starts just scared the crap out of me.. Works fine, So does Bendy Hill.. Tested 'Em just now... o_O Epic Map by Legendary Jammin2222 sounds exciting.. ;)

Sorry ;)

5. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Well I have tried deleting the terrain and the forest and removed the entries from the .mis file. with no luck. I have also tried correcting any materials with issues, but the map still refuses to load.
    I have looked at the .mis to check the spawn sphere but I don't know what the problem would be with it.
    new SimGroup(PlayerDropPoints) {
    canSave = "1";
    canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
    enabled = "1";

new SpawnSphere() {
    autoSpawn = "0";
    spawnTransform = "0";
    radius = "5";
    sphereWeight = "1";
    indoorWeight = "1";
    outdoorWeight = "1";
    isAIControlled = "0";
    dataBlock = "SpawnSphereMarker";
    position = "-652.12 599.273 212.192";
    rotation = "1 0 0 0";
    scale = "1 1 1";
    canSave = "1";
    canSaveDynamicFields = "1";
    enabled = "1";
    homingCount = "0";
    lockCount = "0";
    };
    };

Any idea if this is correct?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice