Solved Trying to get my skin to work.

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by eleventhhour, Sep 12, 2020.

1. eleventhhour

eleventhhour
    Expand Collapse

Hey dudes my skin thats based off the 1993 JTCC HKS R32 is showing up as No Texture in game can anyone help me with this? I will post the file if needed.

#1 eleventhhour, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  2. Top Tier Studios

Top Tier Studios
    Expand Collapse

If you post the file here I can try to fix it for you

3. eleventhhour

eleventhhour
    Expand Collapse

heres the file let me know ho you were able to fix it so I can avoid this in the future. :]

Attached Files:

4. Top Tier Studios

Top Tier Studios
    Expand Collapse

I fixed the mod. Your first error was that the dds file was called "HXT.dds.dds" when it should have been called "sunburst_skin_HXT.dds". After I fixed that, there was a new error that I have never encountered before. According to the error log, it could not load the texture file because the compressed texture file size was not a power of 2. The dds file is supposed to be 4mb, which is a power of 2, but yours was 3.98mb, which is not a power of 2. This was causing the texture to not load in the game. I fixed this error by opening your file in paint.net, re-overlaying it onto the skin UV, and saving it again. I then replaced your old dds file with the new one, which was the right size. I do not know what caused the texture file to be wrong right size.

Attached Files:

5. eleventhhour

eleventhhour
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much dude!

6. Nivracer

Nivracer
    Expand Collapse

I also took a look at your files as well yesterday and the error that Top Tier Studios was experiencing could be because you didn't export the .dds with mini-maps.

I loaded the .dds file (after removing the duplicate ".dds" in the file name) in GIMP and noticed there weren't minimaps in the Layers tab. After exporting the the .dds with "generate minimaps" box checked the skin loaded in the game.

Just though I would give you my input since I found a solution with a different program. (don't know which one you use)

7. eleventhhour

eleventhhour
    Expand Collapse

Thanks I was using paint.net for this skin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice