Unsolved Trying to make a map with different skyboxes on each side...

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Twitch Axis, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

So today I re-opened a mod that I have been working on for many months. It is a map based on the moon, and I want to blow it out of the water. So I have been messing around with making there an earth in the sky to make it look like you are actually in space. After doing so, I realized that the game makes it look like there are four earths in the sky, which obviously isn't realistic. As you can imagine, the map will be dark because there is no light in space other than the sun and other stars. I decided to make the moon completely dark though. Can someone please help me make one skybox have the moon on it but make the rest of them with the black night sky. Thanks so much. I will leave a picture below of what I am experiencing. screenshot_00026.png

2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

You need only one of the images in the skybox to be the earth and the rest black or a starfield?

3. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do. Also I am going to make the earth look as though it is farther away. Just so ya know.

4. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

can you upload the material.cs and the file you used for the SkyCubemap

you should have something like this ? whit one of the texture with an earth
    Code:
    singleton CubemapData( BNG_Sky_02_cubemap )
    {
        cubeFace[0] = "./cubemap/skybox_1";
        cubeFace[1] = "./cubemap/skybox_2";
        cubeFace[2] = "./cubemap/skybox_3";
        cubeFace[3] = "./cubemap/skybox_4";
        cubeFace[4] = "./cubemap/skybox_5";
        cubeFace[5] = "./cubemap/skybox_6";
    };

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

You will have to have only one of the skybox panels ( sides ), with the earth and the remainder panels as starfields. To make the earth smaller
    you will need to scale the entire image( all six panels ), down in a program of your choice. That's my theory anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice