Unsolved Trying to make quickraces for Bajarama, but they won't show up

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Excrubulent, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Excrubulent

Excrubulent
    Expand Collapse

I've got Bajarama installed, and I decided it was finally time to create a quickrace for it. The only problem is, when I create the quickrace following the typical folder structure I know from making my other quickraces, it doesn't show up in the Time Trials list. Bajarama doesn't show up, so I can't test out the race.

However when I open Bajarama in Freeroam, the race shows up in the editor under library > prefabs > quickrace > racename, so I can load it in and make changes and so on, it just won't show up when I try to race it.

Also, the mod that I'm using is Bajarama_V1, which has an unusual folder structure in that it has "/mods/Bajarama.zip/Bajarama/[mod content]", unlike most level mods which have "/mods/ModName.zip/levels/levelname/[mod content]". I've actually fixed that with my copy of bajarama by copying it into a levels subfolder, which hasn't broken anything, but it hasn't caused the quickrace to start working either.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've attached my fixed version of Bajarama and my quickrace mod as zip files, so people can check my work.

Attached Files:

#1 Excrubulent, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

the quickRaceLoader.lua extenion - which is responsible for getting all quickraces - is searching for all existing levels by finding their info.json file. Unfortunately the Bajarama map does not have one so it cannot find the level.
    Just add a dummy info.json file to the level und you'll see that you can see your Quick Race now.

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yep, that's because that's an older mod and not packed to today's standard.
    If somebody wants to fix/update that, just drop one of us a message so we can swap the old download.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Excrubulent

Excrubulent
    Expand Collapse

Okay, that worked, and now I have a new problem - the race shows up, but it doesn't load. I just sits on the loading screen with the only message being "loading", forever. I can hit escape to cancel loading, but the race never loads.

I've actually added some info to the info.json file as well, I'll upload it when I've got everything working.

5. Excrubulent

Excrubulent
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so I've tried again and this time I've taken some screenshots of the console output:

20180403152040_1.jpg 20180403152204_1.jpg 20180403152259_1.jpg

These are three times I tried to load the quickrace, every time the output looks essentially the same. Not sure if three screenshots is overkill, but there it is. Halp? I don't know enough about level/mission data structures to know how to fix this issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice