Trying to modify the hopper engine.jbeam sound values, but cant make the changes stick

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by magictgboy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. magictgboy

magictgboy
    Expand Collapse

So, every time I try to replace the original hopper engine.jbeam or any .jbeam with a modified one, it doesn't change when I reload the vehicle or restart the game. How do I make the changes stick? If I try to change jbeam values that involve the: engine, lights, wheels, tires, or anything that isn't the beam: deform, damping, spring, or strength values, those will change if I reload the car.

So how do I make the changes stick with the hopper? I'm trying to set the sound to be the Burnside V8, and modify the other values.

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Put copy of the file to Documents\BeamNG.drive\vehicles\Hopper\yourmodname then edit file in that location.

3. magictgboy

magictgboy
    Expand Collapse

Ok, I tried that, and I still couldn't get the changes to stick for those other values. And also the hopper is broken, it has no model, and my view is way below the surface stuck facing up.

The changes in the deform values still stuck though.

#3 magictgboy, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you have edited hopper files in game files, inside hopper.zip, then I suggest you delete hopper.zip, then in Steam validate game files, as that should fix the broken files.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice