Turn off cacheing

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ThreeDTech21, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to turn off caching in this game? Beamng caches alot of things when opening and playing the game, the cache doesn't seem to speed up the game loading, maybe by a few seconds?..

I'm working on textures and materials and its a pain to have to exit the game, delete the cache, and reload the game everytime I make a change or tweak. I thought the dev's would have thought about this in advance.

#1 ThreeDTech21, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

Re: Turn of cacheing

You don't need to...

place the mod you're working on in the mods folder, and continue your work - the cache is instantly regenerated once a file is updated.

3. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Im working out of the mods folder and it still creates a cache for the material that cannot be deleted wile beamng is running, part of the cache records the color or material and it cannot be deleted or updated while the game is running. A tutorial on textures for beamng even points this out. I need to know if there is a way or a mod to turn off caching, i dont know how to program for that.

4. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

That happens if you're working out of the zip.

Work like this:

Documents > BeamNG.drive > mods > {folder for your mod}

and from here you can add, delete and modify ANY file in your mod while BeamNG is running, and it will regen the cache instantly even while it's running.

Shall I make a video?

5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG will sometimes generate a materials.cs in Documents\BeamNG.drive\vehicles\yourvehicle\ . You can just delete this while the game is running, and continue to edit the one in the vehicle folder. It won't be generated again if you do that (at least in the current game session) .

#5 Dummiesman, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  6. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Found that file and deleted it but I still have the same out come, when I make a change to the PNG file I have to restart Beamng for it to show up because the HTML folder wont delete unless Beamng is closed. Within that file there seems to be a materials or textures cache.

#6 ThreeDTech21, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone an answer for this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice