Released [Tutorial] A complete track making tutorial with Videos

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by mecke96, Feb 19, 2015.

1. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

Hi!

I haven't found any good track making tutorial with videos. Just like "you press F11 to go into the editor"

But now i have done a complete Track making tutorial from getting started to the release.
    Every video is done. Hope you guys like it.

If you don't under stand anything you can try to contact me trough skype or PM.

PS: If you add me on skype. When you press "add-contact" type that you are from beamNG Forum, otherwise i will probably not add you.

#1 mecke96, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Cool.....was thinking about doing the lighting script too. Will help with framerates bigtime I imagine.

3. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

Yeah!
    Im still just rendering the tutorials. part 3 will be up tonight or tomorrow. The rest of the tutorials will be uploaded next week :)

4. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

Part 4 is out :)

5. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

part 5 and 6 are now up!

6. Rydog106

Rydog106
    Expand Collapse

What version are you using for the game?

7. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

always the newest in experimental. This might been 0.3.7.6

8. g0tsl33p14

g0tsl33p14
    Expand Collapse

This is very enjoyable to watch. I get confused copying because I do not have notepad++ skill when my mouse skill broke. Thank you for taking the time to provide this tutorial.

Check out Beseige http://store.steampowered.com/app/346010/ http://www.besiege.spiderlinggames.co.uk/index.html to keep up on Torque 3D technique. The game is wicked fun.

-edit- My point was thanks and encouragement, though a side note, Besiege is Unity, not Torque, still though, keep up the good work.

#8 g0tsl33p14, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  9. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I got up to Part 4, saved it and restarted the game and now it spawns as Grid Map like nothing occured.
    -update-
    I just realized, I didn't save it right. ;-;

#9 Godzilla!, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  10. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

Have you copied everything from the documents folder to your track?

Sometimes you have to change the search way for the terrain.ter

I dont have time to help you tonight but i will be on the computer tomorrow i think. Just add me on skype and i will help you.

11. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I got everything back up and for Part 4. I want to add houses from East Coast USA but they only come up with half of the textures (There is texture for windows and stairs but no texture for roof or walls), the Gas Station from the map has no textures.

-PM me with a solution-

#11 Godzilla!, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  12. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I wrote a list of things, whilst I was at work, that I don't know how to do, that I will be aiming to find out when I can, for suggestions, I thought I'd share them with you in case you might be able to use them in this tutorial series. They are;

Custom foliage, make your own grass, bushes, rocks, trees etc.
    Custom skidmarks, was thinking, for snow, even if its just to change them from black to light bluey grey (like the icey worlds on Carmageddon) and stop the skid sound effect and/or have custom skidmarks and/or sound for certain textures.
    I want to be clear on the weight of beams, when you use the weight debug each beam has a weight value at each end, is this the weight of the beam or is each end that weight meaning you add the 2 values together to get the beam's weight? Ive been using the All-new-Automation-Engine-Converter by L0c4lh0sT so I'm trying to get the engine weight correct but I am not clear on how to read the weights correctly. If you have Automation I HIGHLY recommend this app! If you don't have Automation I HIGHLY recommend it.
    I asked before about making your own floor texture images like snow or wet tarmac.
    Making a custom skybox, could do some really interesting backgrounds for levels.
    Also how to import rfactor tracks as an object I would love to be able to do that. I've seen it's been done a fair bit. I want to use Cassino and the other tracks from the Italian Autocross mod.
    Last and probably least, Camera bookmarks haven't had any luck with doing them.

Again these are just suggestions but if anyone would care to help with any of this I would be very grateful :)

#12 HighDef, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  13. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the long wait on the light script part, but now Part- 7 is out!!

14. mecke96

mecke96
    Expand Collapse

Now i have uploaded everything! hope you guys likes it :D

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Thanks!

16. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Thanks very much! Now I can do my own map!

#16 direct_UA, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  17. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Went up to part 4 and it's really cool you are doing this. I have a question that I didn't see or maybe I missed it but the heightmap import
    option isn't touched on. Do you have plans to look into that? Again, this is really nice and thanks for sharing!

18. -T-Z-C-

-T-Z-C-
    Expand Collapse

Thanks a lot for making this :cool: checking out now

19. CommandoAir

CommandoAir
    Expand Collapse

I'm stuck on part 1/2. When I load the map, it's just all pink, which I'm guessing means missing texture. I'm using the blankmap template (can't remember who made it) and in the art folder, it says to "Copy all the art folder contents into here from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\levels\" but there is no art folder there, so instead I copied the one from GridMap and changed all the names. What have I done wrong?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice