Released [TUTORIAL] How to play (kind of) Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by NistingurA, Mar 6, 2016.

1. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Welcome,
    In this small tutorial I want to show you how you can play BeamNG in a kind of multiplayer on EVERY map :)

-STEP 1--

Download chrome (If you dont have it. It is needed for this) https://www.google.de/chrome/browser/desktop/

Install Chrome and go to step 2 \/

-STEP 2--

Download the app "Chrome Remote Desktop" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...esktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=de

This app is needed to be able to "Connect" to your friends Computer. Basicly you are controling his keyboard etc. You then need to install it.
    If you finished you should get something like this:
    1.JPG
    Open the Remote Desktop wich looks like this:
    2.JPG
    Now: If you want to create the "server" you need to click the Green SHARE button. Then you need to install something (happens automaticlly) so that it works. You will then connect to a server and will get a code. The friend who is going to connect to you needs this code. Now you are connected.

-STEP 3--
    INGAME:

Only the person with the Server needs to start his game. Open the OPTIONS menu and goto GAMEPLAY and make sure you activated the EXPERIMENTAL MULTISEAT MODE. Otherwise it will not work!
    Then go to any freeroam map like Gridmap or something like this. (Mods work as well). Now you need to spawn up 2 cars. Now it is getting a bit complicated

-STEP 4--
    The Roles

You need to make sure that you NEED a KEYBOARD and a CONTROLLER ( Xbox 360/one etc) otherwise it will not work. It is better if the host uses the controller ( In my opinion) and your friend a keyboard. Now it´s complicated a bit. Your friend needs to drive the last HARD RESETED car. ( CRTL+R) This is the car for the keyboard user. Now select the car with TAB to the latest hard reseted car. You can use free cam as well. Now you can test if it works. If the guy with keyboard can his car and you with the controller can drive your car, you made it!. If not.. try experimenting around a bit. It is working!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If it does not work please write it to me. I may fix it for you :)
    NistingurA

• Like Like x 5
  2. KaLul0

KaLul0
    Expand Collapse

Good idea! I will try that as soon someone of my friends has beamng :D
    I hope oit doesnt look too laggy through the internet connection.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice