1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Two wheel driving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chernobyl, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

Anything like this in existence? Personally I think it would be awesome.

2. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Would definitely be cool to have a training wheel like that, though unless something's changed, I think it's been said BeamNG isn't as suited to two wheel driving/skiing now that it's on the pressureWheel system because the sidewall isn't directly collidable with the terrain. Someone else would have to confirm this though. The small metal ramp can be used similarly to a kick ramp, though it's not exactly the same.

If you're interested in watching the feat of two wheel driving, the videos in this thread are a good watch, and again were done on the old hubWheels system I think. I've also done multiple videos on the subject in recent pressureWheel versions of the game.

Plus I did one with the Cement Truck and a Rally saves example. The Hopper is also ridiculously good at two wheel ski stunts, I just finished a 40 minute practice session with it which is going in its own video.

• Like Like x 2
  3. metalmuncher

metalmuncher
    Expand Collapse

Ez innit. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. DirtNastySidewayZ

DirtNastySidewayZ
    Expand Collapse

holy fuckarony bro

5. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

@metalmuncher
    oh.
    For some reason I never tried to lock the differential in the tuning section on the Covet Rally. You do that one thing and it seems to ski better than anything else I can think of trying. I was able to hold it on two wheels for something over 30 seconds before I decided to see if I could control it enough to make a turn towards the low side with a controller (nope). Have you found any other configurations that felt as agreeable for ski stunts as that one in this game?

6. metalmuncher

metalmuncher
    Expand Collapse

I should probably come clean and say I'm totally cheating by using a script to measure the angle and apply steering input accordingly. I definitely don't have the skill to do this on a wheel, never mind a controller. :D

As for vehicle choice, it is clear that lockable or limited slip diffs are required, and as you can see in this video, something with wobbly steering/suspension is harder to control, although maybe a human could do a good job of filtering the vibrations to make it more stable. I actually had a lot of trouble trying with the offroad roamer a while ago, I think because the suspension had so much travel.

The rally covet was the best I found in my limited testing, but maybe other rally cars would be equally as effective. You can also play with the camber more on the race suspensions which I found can help.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

@metalmuncher Wasn't expecting all that. In any case, I think your testing did actually find the easiest car in the game to drive on two wheels. So is that script essentially an AI, does it need the initial ramp to be exactly the same to work? I'd love to see a script like that used in some kind of syncopated stunt driving scenario, or even just to mess around in freeroam.

Anyways, here's my attempt at the configuration that script was running using an Xbox 360 controller. With how stable it can be just with a controller, I imagine the G27 would be even more manageable.

8. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

I barely can do that on accident lol

9. Peter Beamo

Peter Beamo
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately ,i'm not an arab driver

10. Jsap20

Jsap20
    Expand Collapse

Lol, I did that once on accident but it was so hard. I tried stunt driving, I crashed and broke my EtK I series

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice