UI Layouts

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Dothero, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Dothero

Dothero
    Expand Collapse

When I'm playing Beamng I don't always want to do the same things. Sometimes I want to customize my car or to play with the games mechanics (consumption, brake temp...) Sometimes I want to race and sometimes I just want to drive around.
    But for each situations I need a different UI layout. When I customize a car, I like to have a lot of information, torque, engine temp... But when I'm driving around, I like to have a clear view with only the basics information. The point is changing the UI layout can be very long.
    Thats why I think It would be a good idea to put some Layouts you can predefined and change with a press on a keys.
    This can work as the following :
    - You customize your differents UI layout for the purpose you want
    - When you want to change the UI you press a bind button that will change your apps with one of the predefined layout

I think 3 or 5 layout can be very nice and save a lot of time

Sorry for my english, If you don't understand something ask me about it.

Every anwser and critics is welcome.
    Thanks for taking the time to read me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Crazy-Spade-Maniac

Crazy-Spade-Maniac
    Expand Collapse

I have a similar struggle. But I only change UI layouts once in a blue moon, anyway. I think predefined UI layouts is actually a great idea.

I hope it is implemented. Although, I cannot say it will, for sure; the devs have got a lot on their plates at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. EuroTrucker

EuroTrucker
    Expand Collapse

It is quite possible to be implemented as we used to have it. There used to be iirc 3 different UI layouts which we could edit and set up, but every update usually broke your ui layout.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice