Unable to modify engine starter sounds since v0.12

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by galaxynote2, Apr 20, 2018.

1. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

I'm unable to mod the engine starter sounds since I've updated to 0.12. Before the update, my mod worked great, but now I can only hear the stock sounds. These are the modded files:
    Code:
                "art\/sound\engine_starter\/starter_start.ogg",
                "art\/sound\engine_starter\/starter_start2.ogg",
                "art\/sound\engine_starter\/starter_loop.ogg",
                "art\/sound\engine_starter\/starter_loop2.ogg",

What I'm doing wrong? Is this a development oversight? Since 0.12 incorporated some under the hood improvements to the starter sounds..

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

These files are not used anymore. We fully switched to fmod sounds for our own starters. I don't think you can have custom starter sounds right now since you can't modify the fmod bank files. Until that is the case, you're out of luck I'm afraid.

(We still have the ability to change the sounds from jbeam, but since the fmod ssetup is a bit special, you probably won't have success with using normal samples with this.)

3. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

So there isn't a current way to modify those sounds? Damn.. it was better before this update and I'm unable to hear a better sound to justify that switch to FMOD (at least for the starter sounds). Will you guys make us able to modify those sounds again? Or at least give us a way to switch back to the old way or port them over to FMOD. The current sound is really awful and I've made a mod with starter sounds for every type of engine currently ingame (I6, V6, I4, TDI, V8) all of them recorded by myself with a high quality mic, that isn't working anymore with the lastest update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice