1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Unable to upload to Repo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Gregory TheGamer, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

Hey there,

For the past few months, I have been unable to upload to the BeamNG repo via my PC. It is beginning to bother me so I figured I'd ask in the forums here. I tried asking in the Discord server, but instead, my message got ignored.

So does anyone know why this happens? I have tried multiple browsers, to no avail. I am lucky that I have a laptop from which I can upload, but I much prefer to use my PC for this purpose.

Help is appreciated!

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Messages in Discord can be easily missed, you were not ignored on purpose. If it's a blocking issue, a forum thread is better as it's more permanent.
    Can you describe the problem in details?

3. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

The only detail I got is that each time I attempt to upload the repo on my pc, it tends to hang at 0% for a while, and then an error pops up stating it failed to upload and should try again. Yes, I do use Adblock and a VPN but those are disabled for the BeamNG website. Have also tried uploading via Microsoft EDGE, the same story. Meanwhile, when I use my laptop it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If
    • Both devices are connected to the same network
    • The Adblock and/or VPN are present only on your PC
    I would say the issue is probably within the last point, since it's working from your laptop.
    I would try to globally disable the Adblocker and VPN, rather than on a per-site basis.

Additionally, the VPN may have messed your network settings in ways it shouldn't have.
    Trying the Windows built-in troubleshooter on the network settings can help restore those.

5. Gregory TheGamer

Gregory TheGamer
    Expand Collapse

Well, they are present on my laptop as well, since they are Google Chrome extensions. My VPN is usually globally turned off though. This is what makes me scratch my head. I can upload to any website. I can attach zip files here on the forums though, I just can't upload to the repo for some reason. I'll try removing the Adblocker and VPN real quick.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice