Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

But who will be the one to do it :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

This can be arranged...

• Like Like x 4
  3. Shuddair

Shuddair
    Expand Collapse

I’d be willing to give it a try although I haven’t had luck with electric swaps in the past

• Like Like x 3
  4. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

So it is possible we may see a Wigeon with an electric motor in the next update/hotfix. Not guaranteed yet however.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

No, just because something is possible to do doesn't mean that it will be added as vanilla content.

• Agree Agree x 12
  6. Ayca

Ayca
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Because we have new vehicles coming more than before, How about something like the Hirochi AT5 ( Cross-trek based ) It could be a great addition using the main body frame / jbeam as the sunburst with only small changes added to the rear end, like just a small liftback add-on with a roof extension. This would basically be an all-terrain sunburst and would be quite nice as a smaller alternative to the Hopper, with less capability but a smaller size and still could do some basic offroading.

i wasnt sure what to post this on so i picked this thread

• Like Like x 1
  7. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

Update speculation, not update suggestions. This thread would be a better fit. Vehicle suggestions (See first post) | BeamNG

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

The clutched electric is back in the days of Electric Sunburst, when no official electric cars was present. The electric Sunburst, technically speaking, is very similar to an electric conversion where the transmissions are with torque converters and CVTs. However, all electric motors with clutch are without regenerative braking.
    --- Post updated ---
    Any electric swap is possible, for example the Citybus.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also I found a bug on the electric motor(s), to replicate the bug situation, please do the following.
    Use the Engine Debug UI app and watch the Flywheel Power.
    Drive the eSBR, any spec is ok. Accelerate to a sufficiently high speed such as 120km/h and lift off the throttle.
    Compare the power meter on the dashboard(use comfort mode) to the flywheel power, the regen efficiency is very good, note that even the instantaneous power is smoothed and you may momentarily find the recharge power displayed higher than Flywheel Power, this is not a big problem.
    The problem is, when you hit reset (R key) and do the same above, the regen efficiency is very very poor.
    However if you hit reload (Ctrl+R key) and to the same, the regen efficiency will be higher again.

This is because the energy reservoir is incorrectly reset
    \BeamNG.drive\lua\vehicle\powertrain\electricMotor.lua
    There are two counters, storageWithEnergyCounter and storageCounter, the motor drains energy from the former and regen the latter, to make sure the regen can charge the battery when the battery is fully discharged. But, in the "local function reset(device, jbeamData)" at line 311, only the "storageWithEnergyCounter" was subject to the reset, the "storageCounter" isn't there. To solve the problem simply add a
    Code:
      device.storageCounter = 0
    right below the "storageWithEnergyCounter" at line 345

• Like Like x 2
  9. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

That reminds me, what do you think would be the next vehicle to get a Major remaster? I honestly think it would make sense to finish off the H series and Grand Marshall. The Grand Marshall would be a great platform for an late 70's- 80's Body but this would require a new engine family (Retextured Barstow engines would work well.), Plus these would fit well in the earlier D Series as realistically ohc V8's only became a thing in American pickups around the late 90's.

The H Series obviously could do with face lift variants, Passenger vans, a camper van upfit, a custom conversion variant, Bus upfit (as the Wentward can be a bit too big for some routes), and more.

The T series could do a remaster (especially with it's engine) and it's frame can lend well for a COE cab too.

Yeah yeah suggestion rather than speculation but the more we talk about the more we can unintentionally provide possible suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

Seems like the Bolide remaster isn't coming any time soon so maybe instead we'll finally see the last phase of H-Series remaster and some needed improvements of the Grand Marshal. If not that then maybe the Moonhawk?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

You need to also change the rear suspension type to an independent because a live suspension isn't exactly compatible with an electric motor :p

12. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

So you dont think one can replace the ICE and have the rest of the drivetrain unchanged?

13. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

or you could just strap an electric motor to the solid axle.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

So, now that we have the last car from The List™ as well as the unexpected Wigeon in-game, what kind of car do you think we will see next? Do you think the Beam team will finally give in to the requests & finally add some sort of a supercar? Will it maybe be a hybrid? Or something as unexpected as the aforementioned Wigeon?

• Like Like x 5
  15. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

I smell vehicle suggestions
    Considering the wenover came with the legran remaster, and the wigeon came with the pigeon remaster, I could see it becoming a common thing to make a new car that platform shares with the car that's being remastered;
    -With the moonhawk, they may just do more body styles like a sedan/wagon/coupe utility, they may enlarge it, convert it to front-wheel drive and make an earlier wendover, or even a compact like a vega/gremlin/pinto.
    -The semi could get the long-suggested cab-over variant as a separate vehicle,
    -But what about the bolide? they could go front-engine and make a larger, possibly v12 GT car, or squash the roof down and fit a v12 in the back as a flagship supercar, they might stretch it out and make an uracco/mondial style MR 2+2, though the bolide is already abnormally long as it is. they may throw a complete curveball and go for something like a lamborghini LM002. (or it's possible that given the extent of work planned for the bolide, it's just going to get a heap of content on its own.)

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

About the semi, I have a feeling it could be remaster way in the future together with the bus, they would remaster the engines and make the bus and semi share turbos (currently they are completely different turbos performance-wise despite being called the same), and they would make 10-lug wheels universal, possibly shared by the trailers too... Generally I think despite the 2 vehicles being fundamentally different I think there's potential of them being remastered together to share some parts in the drivetrain, like the Grand Marshal and Roamer are way different but share the engines.

• Agree Agree x 10
  17. Leroux83

Leroux83
    Expand Collapse

The T-series needs a serious remaster, but in my opinion, the Bus doesn't need so much new stuff...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse

It could use either a double decker or articulated version, and also longer and shorter variant. And adjustable passengers weight too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Just for reference, the New Flyer LF came in a lot of configs... 30/35/40 foot versions for standard versions and a 60' articulated version, several styling options, and 8 power source options (natural gas, hydrogen, diesel, several hybrid options, etc...)

• Like Like x 8
  20. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

Due to a lot of cities being highly interested in something cleaner than diesel buses, there has been a lot of research to meet that demand.

Modern buses as a result are probably the vehicle with by far the most power source options available in real life. A lot of options for the devs to choose from.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice