1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Update Speculation thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazikyle, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Nazu

Nazu
    Expand Collapse

when do we think the first hotfix will be?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yash_gamin144

Yash_gamin144
    Expand Collapse

today?

3. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

I don't get how everyone thinks the scintilla handles badly... It's definitely the quickest stock car in the game and at least when you use the electronic assists it handles like a dream...

• Agree Agree x 18
  4. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

It definitely does
    The race car tune is not good tho

5. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

I get why they say that, they're playing on keyboard or controller and driving like madlads. I use a wheel exclusively and have no complaints, but it would be nice to add more assists for the majority of keyboard and controller players (and so I can take BeamNG to go on a nice laptop)

#45085 vmlinuz, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Davazz

Davazz
    Expand Collapse

To be fair you can't possibly expect a good experience in this game when using keyboard, unless you use mouse steering maybe. A car is meant to be navigated with pedals and a steering wheel. Beam approaches the physics of a car very closely. So Beam is also meant to be played with a steering wheel. The devs can only do so much to translate binary keyboard actions into a somewhat bearable driving experience, but it will always remain a PITA

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

Same with a controller tbh, it's better than keyboard but still way too easy to give preposterous inputs without the precision of a wheel (e.g. instantly going from one full lock to the other, flooring it through a corner). Hopefully either FFB thumb sticks become a thing or BeamNG adds more assists like the new oversteer control.

Of course, that isn't going to change the fact that if you want vehicles to handle like they do in (insert arcade racing game here), you should just get (insert arcade racing game here)! If you want my recommendation for a racing game you can just pick up and have an absolute blast with, BeamNG doesn't even make the list.

#45087 vmlinuz, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. 川流不息2191

川流不息2191
    Expand Collapse

That's alright, I had to drive with a yoke once…:p

9. Aquila:)

Aquila:)
    Expand Collapse

I don’t really agree with your statement that the Scintilla is terrible to drive. With the stability systems turned on, it drives absolutely fantastic and when having turned tc and esc off, what do you expect from a 610 hp (rwd) car? Furthermore cars like the new Civetta are more difficult to drive without a wheel because they react more quickly to quick gas/ steering actions on keyboard or controller

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it's just me but that would be a very boring map

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

I can't help but notice that no mods got approved today. It could be a result of the staff taking a break since it's a holiday in Germany, but it could also mean that we're getting a small update of some kind

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ITHEPUNISHER

ITHEPUNISHER
    Expand Collapse

Nurburgring would be preferable, i know there's a mod but a legit version would be cool

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. moses72

moses72
    Expand Collapse

pinto version?
    link?

14. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Only if they do an "Idiot Tourist Driver"-mode for the AI

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MonkeyGoose

MonkeyGoose
    Expand Collapse

im on wheel and the thing understeers and oversteers its very odd

16. fernando300198

fernando300198
    Expand Collapse

So u dont know how to properly push RWD limits or need more practice with more than 600HP.. Scintilla drives great, maybe need some tune in electronic driving aids but its perfectly drivable with wheel in hotlap's or agressive driving...

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. MonkeyGoose

MonkeyGoose
    Expand Collapse

bruh tc is usually on. ive been driving with a wheel in beam for a long time, so to say its on me is a little bit of a stretch. also i can drive the bolide with no tc very well.

18. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

turn off traction control first of all, the system is too invasive in every setting and makes it much harder to drive than it needs to, often overcorrecting and causing you to crash rather than preventing it.

Second, the car to me feels like one where you cannot exceed or stay below its limits- it has to be driven directly at its limits, not an inch below or above, otherwise it handles uncooperatively. If it isnt being driven exactly 10/10ths, it won't feel right, but the second you follow its groove in that exact limit of mechanical and tire grip, it's incredible. It's a car that you have to drive the way it wants to be driven, rather than you utilizing it as a tool how you see fit. You must follow what it wants from each corner, and if you obey it perfectly it will respond in the best way possible, otherwise you will crash. Drive the car the way it wants to be driven rather than trying to control it. Listen to the car, respond to its inputs exactly as it does yours and you will feel brisk like never before.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. FenderBenderTV

FenderBenderTV
    Expand Collapse

If you drive it right, it is by far the easiest car to drive on the twisty roads of Utah and Italy. Though one thing that would help that even more would be to have slightly grippier tires or more accurate tire simulation

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. MonkeyGoose

MonkeyGoose
    Expand Collapse

it just needs to have more weight in the front. its too light which causes not force on the front wheels

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice